Setting up a fiber connection in a server.

proskater123

So I have never had a fiber connection ran directly to a server and have some questions before we move forward with it. I have a dell r900 server that is hosting some virtual machines. Right now we have a single gigabit line running to it. At our datacenter we have the option to have fiber ran directly to our server. So we wanted to go forward with that to get a better connection. First off when I install the fiber card in the server will it configure just like a regular network card will or is there a special setup for it. Our server is running Centos 6 for the host OS. The second question I have is the selection of the card. I found a cheap QLogic card on ebay and was wondering if this is the correct card and is there a better alternitive that is under $200. Here is the link for that: http://www.ebay.com/itm/QLOGIC-QLE2460-4GBPS-PCI-E-FIBER-CHANNEL-HBA-SINGLE-PORT-DELL-POWEREDGE-R900-/121141432097?pt=US_Server_Disk_Controllers_RAID_Cards&hash=item1c34978f21