How if the WiFi Pineapple sold?

Guest Deleted_Account

Guest Deleted_Account

Just out of curiousity how is the WiFi pineapple made/sold? Does Darren just buy a bunch of the routers and flash them before reselling? Or does the manufacturer do this for him? I am curious because I am very interested in manufacturering and all and haven't found to much details online.

I think Darren has a deal/purchase-order with Alfa and purchases them directly in large volumes, stock condition and at a stock value.

Then the pineapple Team re-flash the boot loaders as the stock boot loaders can not take the actual size of the pineapple firmware (stock is limited to 4MB, whereas the Hak5 firmware is closer to 6-8MB). Sebkinne will probably correct me if I'm wrong here...

Then once the boot loader has been re-flashed, then the Pineapple firmware is flashed.

Then its all tested... (Successful boot, firmware md5's etc.)

Successful Pineapples have stickers slapped on their panels, are boxed and ready to ship.

Guest Deleted_Account

I think Darren has a deal/purchase-order with Alfa and purchases them directly in large volumes, stock condition and at a stock value.

Then the pineapple Team re-flash the boot loaders as the stock boot loaders can not take the actual size of the pineapple firmware (stock is limited to 4MB, whereas the Hak5 firmware is closer to 6-8MB). Sebkinne will probably correct me if I'm wrong here...

Then once the boot loader has been re-flashed, then the Pineapple firmware is flashed.

Then its all tested... (Successful boot, firmware md5's etc.)

Successful Pineapples have stickers slapped on their panels, are boxed and ready to ship.

Thanks! Great information. I have been trying to find out how to do something like this (it's cellular related though).