All new out of the box.. Factory dead ?

Matt666

Hello,

Just unpacked my new pineapple IV, connected, plug it in... Surprise surprise.. Doesn't work… ( no control before shipping ? )

Re checked everything... Cables in the right place, no way I can get to the web interface and the LAN light flashes a few times on boot up sequence then stays desperately blank... Tried to use the reset button, don’t seem to work. (Used a stopwatch at exactly 8 seconds.)

Any ideas? J

Thank you.

Ps: I am in France, so returning the stuff is an expensive option…

yup,

exactly same problem. LAN flashes a few time then only the WPS flashes and power on, and nothing happens.

Edit: Just to be sure, Connected a Netgear adapter with the 12V specs, system starts up all right, WPS flashes for a while , LAN flashes at boot up with the WAN LED, then nothing only the power and WPS lights staying on.

Must say that this is a big anti climax from the HAkShop.

Edited by Matt666

So once it's booted up and the lights are on it's not broadcasting a "pineapple:XXXX" Access Point? Where XXXX is the last part of your devices MAC Address...

Yeah there's something going on... Have you tried the IRC channel for direct assistance?

irc.hak5.org
#pineapple

Edited by thesugarat

Yeah I did, I did not even bother to unpack the provided Ethernet cable Lol :) I have a proper Panduit cable. checked it first thing also.. :(

Yeah, thank you for the advice, I will go on the IRC channel, but I fear that there is nothing to do. I will ask Hakshop for exchange and if they cannot ship a working device will get money back. Pity, the device seems like a good concept. :( I was planning on making a nice demo gig to my customers.

Hello,

Just unpacked my new pineapple IV, connected, plug it in... Surprise surprise.. Doesn't work… ( no control before shipping ? )

Re checked everything... Cables in the right place, no way I can get to the web interface and the LAN light flashes a few times on boot up sequence then stays desperately blank... Tried to use the reset button, don’t seem to work. (Used a stopwatch at exactly 8 seconds.)

Any ideas? J

Thank you.

Ps: I am in France, so returning the stuff is an expensive option…

All devices undergo a flashing and therefore checking procedure before shipping out.

It is possible that something breaks in the packaging, shipping or other processes.

Contact the hakshop and they will help you.