Pineapple Win7 ICS + Cain and Abel

sheilds

I'm attempting to use Cain and Abel with the pineapple and I'm running into some issues.

I have ICS setup with my Pineapple on a Win7 box and everything tests good regarding internet connectivity and accessing the pineapple. When I fire up Cain and Abel and select the adapter that is tethered to the pineapple (172.16.42.42) it shows 0.0.0.0 in Cain. I can scan for MAC addresses but I have to manual select the IP range it won't select the IP range automatically like Cain typically will. It will find the pineapple and clients connected to the pineapple. I can select the pineapple and the client I want to poison, however no ARP poisoning occurs.

Any assistance in this matter would be great.

Thanks.

I've never use Cain but, here is the range of the pineapple in a regular setup like ICS

172.16.42.0/24

That is:

172.16.42.0 = network address

255.255.255.0 = 24 = subnet mask = address range

This should give you results. Let me know if anything doesn't work

I have no clue why he is doing it, but If he needs help I'll just answer his question and that's it LOL

Whoa....I was just seeing if anyone could help out. I'm trying to see if the two products will work together that’s why I'm doing it. Wow.....my apologies for offending someone on asking a simple question. I wasn't expecting to be lit up.

Thanks.

Edited by sheilds