Hak5 Shop not working?

Skipper

Sorry for posting this here, I don't know where else to post it.

I recently tried to purchase a pineapple, a ducky and a cruzer fit for the pineapple.

When i got to the checkout the site had declined my card, but it works on every other site?

I'm from the UK and using a VISA debit card, i've contacted my bank and they said that there is nothing wrong with my card, is there a shop issue?

-Skipper

Edited by Skipper

I had this happen to me a lot! It always seems to happen with Visa cards, I tried using different networks, borwsers, and OS's and it eventually worked in a windows xp virtual machine. I have no idea why but it did. Hope that helps!

Are you using a VPN connection or any other form of obfuscation i.e. tor? If you aren't you might actually try using a VPN connection to get a US IP address and see what happens. Not sure why you should need it though... Can you call them and place an order over the phone?

edit:

ibvpn is a very reasonable service. Allowed me to watch the Olympics via BBC iPlayer website... also works on iPhone and iPad.

Edited by thesugarat

Just keep trying I had to try to order my stuff on three different occasions before it went through and we both used a visa card.

This isn't hak5's fault - shopify has specific criteria that they follow on who or whom not to make transactions with. I don't know the details but this is what I remember from previous cases like yours.

It is usually some detail that doesn't match, a proxy wouldn't help you in that case..

I suggest you contact shop@hak5.org and see if they can do anything, but as I said, this isn't necessarily possible.

I have also moved this thread to the "Everything Else" forum as this is not Pineapple related.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Finally got my order in!

Turns out that my bank had blocked the card because they thought that someone had access to my account so i phoned them and they unblocked it and it worked straight away!

-Skipper

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...