kerpap

Hiya!

so I am interested in adding some hardware key loggers to our pen-testing arsenal.

I am curious about which ones are good and which ones are not so good. some things I want to know are

• affordable
  • reliable
  • can I make my own? (code on a USB drive)
  • best overall brand
  • where to buy them (cheap)
  • your experiences

I did a bit of googling and saw things like key ghost but its $300

I am looking into getting several 15 - 20 so I want to keep costs down. it seems like something that should be/could be a lot cheaper.

I have a great opportunity in an upcoming test to use the, and want to deploy them.

Probably one of the best stores for IT and PenTesting tools - http://acehackware.com/collections/keyloggers%C2'>

Taylor is also a pentester himself, so he tries to only sell things he uses, knows to work or needs on the job. I did a child site for a while back and he's a decent fellow, so plugging his site, but I'm not affiliated or make anything off of it. I know of a few other sites, but I trust his opinions on things to try that work and are inconspicuous to the average user, and the prices are hard to beat compared to other sites out there. Only other suggest, do comparison shopping, Amazon and eBay, and see what the same devices are going for, then judge for yourself.

Probably one of the best stores for IT and PenTesting tools -

Taylor is also a pentester himself, so he tries to only sell things he uses, knows to work or needs on the job. I did a child site for a while back and he's a decent fellow, so plugging his site, but I'm not affiliated or make anything off of it. I know of a few other sites, but I trust his opinions on things to try that work and are inconspicuous to the average user, and the prices are hard to beat compared to other sites out there. Only other suggest, do comparison shopping, Amazon and eBay, and see what the same devices are going for, then judge for yourself.

What is the URL please?

I saw a keylogger a lot like those (I guess it must be because of the USB stick :) ). Have you guys heard of pwniexpress.com? Prices are a lot like being a white woman in the middle east on a bus... (bad tasting joke)... but they got some crazy equipment!

http://pwnieexpress.com

... still no ISP for me...

found RichGiraffe's WPA key: "**********", WPS PIN: 61837*** = thank you, RichGiraffe! :P

Edited by Pwnd2Pwnr

Thanks!

Perhaps they will give me a discount if I buy in bulk.

:)

Welcome. Tell them Digip sent you, but don't expect a discount..lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Deleted_Account

I saw a keylogger a lot like those (I guess it must be because of the USB stick :) ). Have you guys heard of pwniexpress.com? Prices are a lot like being a white woman in the middle east on a bus... (bad tasting joke)... but they got some crazy equipment!

http://pwnieexpress.com

... still no ISP for me...

found RichGiraffe's WPA key: "**********", WPS PIN: 61837*** = thank you, RichGiraffe! :P

Best part of pwnieexpress is that you can use their community editions (opensource) and make your own for cheap(er).

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...
On 6/26/2013 at 2:02 PM, kerpap said:

Hiya!

so I am interested in adding some hardware key loggers to our pen-testing arsenal.

I am curious about which ones are good and which ones are not so good. some things I want to know are

• affordable
  • reliable
  • can I make my own? (code on a USB drive)
  • best overall brand
  • where to buy them (cheap)
  • your experiences

I did a bit of googling and saw things like key ghost but its $300

I am looking into getting several 15 - 20 so I want to keep costs down. it seems like something that should be/could be a lot cheaper.

I have a great opportunity in an upcoming test to use the, and want to deploy them.

Hello all. A University in Ottawa has been compromised with hardware keyloggers, specifically KeeLog. What are your thoughts on this and what are ways to mitigate this in shared environments? One solution is to install cover plates on back of the computers to lock down the cables and disable the front USB ports in the BIOS however I wanted to know if someone had knowledge into preventing/mitigating this threat at the OS level (Mac, Windows or Linux). Thank you for your time.