Questions.

Skipper

I'm looking into buying a pineapple, but i need to know a few things before i buy one for my demonstration at school.

1. How do people go about connecting to the pineapple eg. does the network name appear to be one that their computer has remembered?

2. If they are connected to the internet through my pineapple, can they still access facebook and use it? or can they play youtube videos or use the internet as normal? but i can monitor sites that i set?

3. is there any way of using the pineapple on encrypted networks? ones that i know the details to?

Thanks.

- Skipper

1) Yes, if it is unencrypted and no authorization

2) Yes, Yes, You own the traffic at that point - Yes, but may need some extra work by you.

3) I want to say yes, but it will require a decent amount of work for a specific AP.

Check the older episodes or google: Hak5 WiFi Pineapple on youtube to learn some more. There is also a book on the hakshop.

I'm looking into buying a pineapple, but i need to know a few things before i buy one for my demonstration at school.

1. How do people go about connecting to the pineapple eg. does the network name appear to be one that their computer has remembered?

There is an AP called Pineaaple xx:xx intiially, but you can change the name. And you also get those other APs that jasager provides.

2. If they are connected to the internet through my pineapple, can they still access facebook and use it? or can they play youtube videos or use the internet as normal? but i can monitor sites that i set?

wat.

3. is there any way of using the pineapple on encrypted networks? ones that i know the details to?

If you mean providing the internet to the pineapple using a wifi network, yes, but speaking solely for myself, I haven't been able to get it to work. Many other people have though because a few people have worked hard to build interfaces (NetworkManager and the new wifi-connect.sh script). But there's a little more hair pulling out than just inputting a SSID and password. d

Thanks.

- Skipper