ChimeraSecurity - Blog directed at Security Analysts

ChimeraSecurity

Evening all,

I am a Security Analyst with a number of years under my belt. I have worked for many organisations in quite a few different industries, namely Defence & Aerospace and Telecommunications.

During my time working for a Defence & Aerospace company, I was heavily involved in APT investigations, APT group tracking and the field of threat intelligence (OSINT).

I recently started a blog, Chimera Security and was wondering, what is the best way to get my brand out there and start generating traffic? I am already working on a few projects and will be posting write-ups of those over the next few weeks.

The content on the blog is pretty slow at the minute but the amount of traffic the blog gets will increase the amount of content I create and get out there!

Regards,

- J

http://www.chimera-security.com

http://www.twitter.com/ChimeraSecurity

Edited by ChimeraSecurity

I've worked with a lot of SEO and online marketing people while I've been doing dev work and they all claim different things about how to get people to your blog but the best thing I've always found is to just publish good content.

If you create new content (don't just recycle old stuff) that people are going to be interested in then people will come. You've been in the industry for long enough that you'll know where your peers hang out, the mailing lists, forums etc, so when you post something new let them know. If they like it they'll come back and tell others.

The biggest mistake I see is people who create a blog then don't create new entries. Try and write something at least once a month to keep it fresh.

I've worked with a lot of SEO and online marketing people while I've been doing dev work and they all claim different things about how to get people to your blog but the best thing I've always found is to just publish good content.

If you create new content (don't just recycle old stuff) that people are going to be interested in then people will come. You've been in the industry for long enough that you'll know where your peers hang out, the mailing lists, forums etc, so when you post something new let them know. If they like it they'll come back and tell others.

The biggest mistake I see is people who create a blog then don't create new entries. Try and write something at least once a month to keep it fresh.

Thanks dude!

Consistency (and thereby lack of it) and relevance of content are the two most significant factors that determine short- and long-term viability of blogs and websites. We like fresh content, but we also like to know what it is we're looking at and why it's relevant. If possible try to aim for one post every so-many days. Do whatever is feasible, but keep the frequency count consistent, otherwise people drift elsewhere.

Agree with previous poster also. The number one driver to your blog is great content. Forget SEO. Great content delivers the same, if not better results than SEO. The more people that link, cite, and refer your content, the more you'll move up the ladder.

I look forward to reading your blog!

Edited by ap121u-user