Having Issues Connecting to my Pineapple

Hello. I've used the pineapple for quite some time in the past, but now I can't seem to get to the control center. Everything seems to be the same, so I'm not quite sure why it's not working anymore. I'm using Windows 7. I have my normal internet working fine. I have it being shared to my Local Area Connection (pineapple). I have the correct settings for IPv4 in the pineapple adapter. I connect to the same place I always did (http://172.16.42.1:1471/) and Chrome just tells me I can't connect. I've tried powering the unit on and off, re-plugging the ethernet cable, rescrewing the antenna (though I'm pretty sure that doesn't affect this), etc. I've tried it both with and without my USB, and it doesn't work either time. I tried other browsers- the issue persists. I have the Pineapple connected to my computer with an ethernet cable from the PoE LAN port of my Pineapple to the ethernet of my computer. This has worked before, and it has been pretty much the only way I have accessed my Pineapple. All the lights on the Pineapple are glowing perfectly fine. I can even see the AP it's broadcasts. Oh, and I think my pineapple was running 2.8.0 if that helps. Not sure why this is not working anymore, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can you ping it?

If yes, can you SSH in?

What LEDs are lit up on the pineapple. Does the WPS button keep blinking and then turn solid at some point?

Does it broadcast a wifi? If so, can you join that and see if you can get to the web-interface?

It seems to me like you are having issues on your local machine. Let us know what your answers to the above are and we can see what we can do!

I can ping 172.16.42.42 and get a response, but 172.16.42.1 results in a "Reply from 172.16.42.42: Destination host unreachable." Unable to SSH 172.16.42.42 (only the gateway though) and 172.16.42.1. Once fully turned on, all buttons are solid glowing fine, even the WPS button. It does broadcast a Wi-Fi AP called "Wi-Fi". It even tries to replicate my normal, secure Wi-Fi connection at my house (it shows up with the same SSID, but open). I connected to it (AP: Wi-Fi) fine, but I still couldn't get to the control panel. I could ping 172.16.42.42 and get a response, but 172.16.42.1 still resulted in an error. I also still couldn't SSH in.

Just making sure: You do know 172.16.42.42 is you. No need to ping or ssh into yourself ;)

If you join the WiFi, what IP are you getting? What route etc?

If you want, you can try pressing the reset button (at the bottom of the device) for 7 seconds. Anything between 5 and 10 will do, just don't keep pressing it thinking it didn't work.

Give it a few seconds and it should re-boot. Then try again.

Also, what is the last thing you did with the Pineapple? Did you change any settings? What did you install?

Yay yay yay yay yay. I got it to work! :) I have no idea why, but holding that reset button fixed whatever was the issue. Thanks Seb!

Wait, did this just like factory reset my device or something? I don't have any modules and everything looks gone. If so, then should I upgrade to 2.8.1 now? I just updated.

Edited by DrDinosaur

Yay yay yay yay yay. I got it to work! :) I have no idea why, but holding that reset button fixed whatever was the issue. Thanks Seb!

Wait, did this just like factory reset my device or something? I don't have any modules and everything looks gone. If so, then should I upgrade to 2.8.1 now? I just updated.

Kind of. It fixes most issues but has to reset a lot of things.

Glad you got it working!