Now this is cool!

barry99705

So like a city wide mesh topology for you're own personal wifi everywhere around town you live in? I'd want that just for my own wifi network, fuck the pineapple..lol.That would be pretty slick..lol.

I'd love to have that around here since everything we do, shop, eat, is all within like 5 mile radius of town, and to be able to use homes wifi with the same sort of setup would be cool so I can stay on the VPN, and not have to worry about 3G signal loss and dead zones on the phone. Not to mention, access to home pc files from pretty much anywhere in town. 3G in my area sucks ass at the moment, rarely past a certain area do we get 4G coverage.

Be cool to have pre-configured, waterproofed and solar powered AP's all over town that I own though. "One network, to rule them all." in movie guy/Duke Nukem narrator voice...

haha great, but the reason this works so well is because the guys are running it in the desert with no obstacles - a clear line of sight with the antenna up high (and no coax loss!!) and no interference. My thoughts are in the real world this would not get very far to a mobile unit - possibly across the road and a bit more? I personally believe that a biquad with a reflector (properly spaced - not like the use of a sat dish :) to another antenna of similar design would easily outdo this.

haha great, but the reason this works so well is because the guys are running it in the desert with no obstacles - a clear line of sight with the antenna up high (and no coax loss!!) and no interference. My thoughts are in the real world this would not get very far to a mobile unit - possibly across the road and a bit more? I personally believe that a biquad with a reflector (properly spaced - not like the use of a sat dish :) to another antenna of similar design would easily outdo this.

Probably. I've helped build several long distance wireless backhaul networks, with proper dish antennas, the longest one is about 12 miles line of sight. I just like building crap like this. ;)

IMG_0073.JPG

Edited by barry99705

• 2 weeks later...

Probably. I've helped build several long distance wireless backhaul networks, with proper dish antennas, the longest one is about 12 miles line of sight. I just like building crap like this. ;)

^^^I've built these before too. They aren't half bad.