After i change the mac on awus036nha it wont scan in Wicd BT5 r3

mrgray

First sorry if i put this in the wrong section :wacko:

Its for my pineapple advance case but this doesn't have to do with the pineapple necessarily.

I'm running it on a netbook BT5 r3

I got the awus036nha running finally, i had to connect the awus036nha after BT booted and it would scan for hosts and everything.

But after i run any of these types of commands it gets messed up,

ifconfig wlan1 down

macchanger --mac 00:22:44:66:88:00 wlan1

ifconfig wlan1 up

Than would scan on wicd and it says,

No wireless networks found.

I don't get why it would stop?

But if i reconnect the awus036nha it will work fine but i won't have my spoofed mac...

Thanks in advance!

Hope the problem gets resolved its driving me insane.

Edited by mrgray

If it has nothing to do with the Pineapple, Then it doesnt go in the pineapple section, obviously.

Ask it in the Questions Forum.

-Foxtrot.

Didn't really have time to find the correct spot i'm at work.

sorry

Yeah this is definitely gonna get moved outta this section. It sounds like your wicd is expecting ur macaddr for some reason. The Pineapple does that to me when i don't put 'option phy phyX' before 'option macaddr' in the /etc/config/wireless file. Maybe it's in ur /etc/defaults/network file? It definitely sounds like ur wlan1 is directly connected to ur mac whether in a config file or in the wicd options somewhere...?

Yeah this is definitely gonna get moved outta this section. It sounds like your wicd is expecting ur macaddr for some reason. The Pineapple does that to me when i don't put 'option phy phyX' before 'option macaddr' in the /etc/config/wireless file. Maybe it's in ur /etc/defaults/network file? It definitely sounds like ur wlan1 is directly connected to ur mac whether in a config file or in the wicd options somewhere...?

I don't know its annoying i've looked threw all my configs, defaults and everything and nothing that i saw was the problem in the config files...