Share wpa2 network

Hi guys,

I'm trying to follow this guide:

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/27142-mk4-usb-wifi-dongle-internet-sharing-how-to/

To set up a relay of a wpa2 network.

I'm stuggling on the part where I have to make it save a command by pressing wq

Basically wq does nothing in my terminal.

I'm doing this over putty in win7 am I supposed to do this in some other terminal?

Thanks!

Dave

Looks like the wq keys are part of saving files using the text editor vi... Use a different editor like nano... Or, since I don't like to use the command line when there is a perfectly good infusion, try using the Network Manager infusion. Relaying one wifi out to everyone else over a different wifi is easy using the Network Manager.

Ok it's easy if you want to take wifi from access point A and relay it to everyone else... If you are trying to make the Pineapple into a "repeater" or essentially extend an existing AP further that is a different story.

Edited by thesugarat

Nope wont work in there either, I've realized its something to do with my alfa card.

basically when i wlan1 up the card comes on

iwconfig shows a dbi reading..

but as soon as I do ANYTHING with the card it says device is unavailible.

after trying something i run iwconfig again and it says 0dbi

?? Im using the awus036h, read somewhere you have the same card? any ideas?

I do have a 036H and it's worked well in the past. I haven't tried it with 2.8.1 yet. How are you powering the pineapple. In your other post you seemed to indicate it was plugged into the wall. Theoretically that should remove the possibility of it being a power issue. I'm not sure if they fixed the issue in 2.8.1 or not but it used to be that you needed to turn on the pineapple and then plug in your extra Alfa USB. If you left your alfa plugged in at boot it would steal wlan0 from the internal and then karma and other things wouldn't work correctly.

What are you trying to do exactly? I'm still not clear if you are trying to "repeat/extend" or are you trying to passthrough like below?

{A} internet providing Access Point connected to<->wlan0(internal)-PINEAPPLE-wlan1(036H)<-> {B} clients connected to pineapple wifi

Clients at B are getting their internet from A but your pineapple is the man in the middle...

Got it working now after last nights help in the other topic.

It was the wire and I need to plug in after boot, I'm using the connection to host a seperate AP.

The wifi card comes up as wlan0 if it's plugged in on boot, I also have to manually enable it with the up command every time.. It's fine though just happy it's working now, although massive limitations without the use of the USB port, how can I sniff/ssl strip without laptop present?

Dave

What "limitations without the use of the USB port" are you referring to? If you're saying the Pineapple's USB port is now being used by your alfa and that's it... Well, you can always use a USB hub. I use a non powered one from Targus I picked up at Wal Mart. Works fine but again you just need to keep the power considerations in mind... In fact I can't think how you're able to do any tcp dumping or SSL striping with those installed on the pineapple itself; you'll run out of room. I install all infusions to my USB thumb drive and dump all the logs to it as well.

Edited by thesugarat

Hmm ive made a DIY 8 AA battery pack, reckon I would be pushing the power limitations with that? I've got 8 x 3800 mAh 1.2v battery's if that's any help

And yeh that's what I meant, I thought sslstrip would run without USB, silly me, can dns spoofing to a HTML file stored on the internal be done?