Alfa AP121U router

I have Alfa AP121U router, Serial TTL Cable which I bought from Hak5. When I use the serial TTL to flash do I connect the USB end to the computer or the Serial TTL to a USB to serial Port cable then to the com port on computer? I have had no luck with flashing doing either. I have gotten lots of gibberish from trying the USB to computer.

Help please.

post-43553-0-52002300-1368326103_thumb.j

Read the wiki and flashing instructions. Information in my signature. If you need further help after that, post where you are stuck.

I have made a decently detailed guide on the wiki for clean flashing, minus teaching the use of all the tools. That's what man pages are for. There is also a video I created. The video was made using Windows, don't be thrown off by the backtrack background like some people have... *sigh*

I get a lot of gibberish with putty when I power up my ap121u with hornet board. I've double checked all the settings in putty and made sure I set the ip correctly. The ap121u hornet has alfa software on it if that makes a difference.

I've double and triple checked the baud and flow. I can't figure it out, I'm total lost. What would cause all the gibberish on the putty screen.

Either baud, flow control setting, not using a UART are what I have noticed. Try a reboot of your system maybe.

This has been going on for the last two days. I've powered on and off to no luck. I've read everything I have found about flashing the device and this is my last resort. I'm using window 7 x64. The divers I am using for the com are x64.

Just using TX, RX AND GRD only. I did cross the tx and RX no luck. The alfa board looks like it might be the only way to go. I will try VMware tomorrow. If it does not work I will order alfa board.

Thanks