Reset button stopped working

sempf

So I got my Mark IV in the mail yesterday. Hooked up to my Kali instance, and logged into the console with the default password. Immediately changed the password to something with an apostrophe in it. Logged out, couldn't log in.

Huh. Maybe I messed it up, right? So I held the reset button down for 10 seconds, got the flash, reset it, and logged in with the default password again. Changed the password again v e r y c a r e f u l l y. Logged out, still couldn't log in. Guess it doesn't like apostrophes. Who knew.

But. When I went to reset it again, do dice. Held the button down for two minutes. Tried hitting the button on front. Did it with and without the Ethernet in the jack. Nothing I do works.

So now I have a doorstop. Thoughts?

S

So I got my Mark IV in the mail yesterday. Hooked up to my Kali instance, and logged into the console with the default password. Immediately changed the password to something with an apostrophe in it. Logged out, couldn't log in.

Huh. Maybe I messed it up, right? So I held the reset button down for 10 seconds, got the flash, reset it, and logged in with the default password again. Changed the password again v e r y c a r e f u l l y. Logged out, still couldn't log in. Guess it doesn't like apostrophes. Who knew.

But. When I went to reset it again, do dice. Held the button down for two minutes. Tried hitting the button on front. Did it with and without the Ethernet in the jack. Nothing I do works.

So now I have a doorstop. Thoughts?

S

Make sure you do it for 8-10 seconds. 10.00000001 would still be too long :p

-Foxtrot

• 1 year later...

Bumping an old topic to say thank you.

I thought you were kidding when you wrote "8 - 10 seconds. 10.00000001 would still be too long :p". I've been unsuccessful at resetting this pineapple until I held the button for 9 seconds. The reset worked like a charm. I hope bumping this helps someone else in the future.