Default IP going upstream?

I've just received my Pineapple Mark IV which is running the latest firmware. I can connect via LAN to the pineapple, and also via wifi using the default IP address of 172.16.42.1.

However, if I connect the Pineapple to my laptop via LAN and then connect to my Wifi network I can no longer access the Pineapple.

If I run traceroute for 172.16.42.1, I can see that the IP address is terminating somewhere outside of my local network (it enters my ISPs network and continues).

If I connect only to the Pineapple via either LAN or Wifi and rerun traceroute, it correctly terminates at the Pineapple.

Should I change the IP address of the Pineapple? If so, how? If not, does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this? I want to share my wifi with the Pineapples clients.

I've ensured the network orders etc are correct on my laptop (Mac).

Thanks,

Danny

I've just received my Pineapple Mark IV which is running the latest firmware. I can connect via LAN to the pineapple, and also via wifi using the default IP address of 172.16.42.1.

However, if I connect the Pineapple to my laptop via LAN and then connect to my Wifi network I can no longer access the Pineapple.

If I run traceroute for 172.16.42.1, I can see that the IP address is terminating somewhere outside of my local network (it enters my ISPs network and continues).

If I connect only to the Pineapple via either LAN or Wifi and rerun traceroute, it correctly terminates at the Pineapple.

Should I change the IP address of the Pineapple? If so, how? If not, does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this? I want to share my wifi with the Pineapples clients.

I've ensured the network orders etc are correct on my laptop (Mac).

Thanks,

Danny

Using a mac is probably the issue...

-Foxtrot