[Question] Haxing a tredmill?

I couldn't help but notice while i was running on a tredmill at my local gym that it has a USB port for storing your workout data and whatnot. Since I just purchased a rubber ducky i got to thinking, "is there some way to use the ducky to pwn this tremill?" Now the tremills arnt on a network or anything so i'm not trying to launch a reverse shell or anything, but could it be possible to maybe put up an image on the screen saying "you got haxed" or something? Has anyone else thought of something this goofy or am i alone on this one? anyone interested in seeing this?

Turn the speed up to eleven!(on a scale of 1 to 10). Probably no way to make text appear on the screen. Probably just limited to whatever you can access using the treadmill controls, assuming the thing even accepts keyboard input.

There was a talk at Derbycon last year, about hacking vending machines and other consumer appliances. The gist of it was, if it has a usb port somewhere on it, plug in a keyboard and see what you can do. That would certainly be the first step to see if a ducky attack is possible. Good luck!

telot

There was a talk at Derbycon last year, about hacking vending machines and other consumer appliances. The gist of it was, if it has a usb port somewhere on it, plug in a keyboard and see what you can do. That would certainly be the first step to see if a ducky attack is possible. Good luck!

telot

I missed that talk, didnt even know it was there. Which presentation was it?