firmware upgrade errors

I'm trying to upgrade from 2.4.1 to 2.8.0 and I kept getting an MD5 Checksum error then now I'm getting

Error, please check the file you specified. Error 7

I've tried downloading several different times(2.8.0 & 2.5.0) but still get the error 7. I've also tried upgrading to 2.5.0 but no luck.

I even removed all infusions that I installed and that didn't help either.

Is there a way to upgrade from a flash drive instead?

I'm running from A/C power so that can't be the problem.

Edited by dhockey

How odd. Technically you aren't able to get error 7 as it was introduced in PHP5. We run PHP4. Anyway, doesn't matter:

Simply reboot your pineapple, scp the upgrade.bin to your /tmp/ directory.

Then run the "md5sum /tmp/upgrade.bin" command and make sure the md5 sums match. If they do, execute:

sysupgrade -n /tmp/upgrade.bin

That will do the trick!

Sebkinne

How odd. Technically you aren't able to get error 7 as it was introduced in PHP5. We run PHP4. Anyway, doesn't matter:

Simply reboot your pineapple, scp the upgrade.bin to your /tmp/ directory.

Then run the "md5sum /tmp/upgrade.bin" command and make sure the md5 sums match. If they do, execute:

sysupgrade -n /tmp/upgrade.bin

That will do the trick!

Sebkinne

That did it...it's now running 2.8.0. thanks

now i've got a new problem, I can not log in using the web browser any more http://172.16.42.1 like I use to do before the upgrade.

I can log in via ssh root@172.16.42.1 and I can use my cell phone to access the internet through the pineapple. So thinking I may have gotten a bad download I downloaded again and check the md5sum and it matched. The last time I ran the upgrade(2.8.0) from a flash drive no errors and it rebooted just fine, just no access from the web interface.

I'm using ubuntu 12.04lts 64bit with google chrome and firefox. So now I'm at a loss as to what may have gone wrong or what I messed up.