Unsure how to flash Alfa ap121u with bus pirate v4 on Mac OS X using zterm

So let me preface this by saying I've never used my bus pirate before. I attempted to follow the directions for a clean flash and I'm stuck at getting communication to work from zterm and the bus pirate interface. There are more options and a configuration step I'm missing in order to get this to work. I have the serial connection hooked up correctly (from what I can ascertain) ground, mosi, miso, 5v (vdd). What interface do I choose (uart, 2wire, 3wire, HIz, 1wire, i2c, keyb, LCD...). I'm pretty sure it's UART but I was unsure because of the additional configuration steps.

Edited by cokedick_louie

So let me preface this by saying I've never used my bus pirate before. I attempted to follow the directions for a clean flash and I'm stuck at getting communication to work from zterm and the bus pirate interface. There are more options and a configuration step I'm missing in order to get this to work. I have the serial connection hooked up correctly (from what I can ascertain) ground, mosi, miso, 5v (vdd). What interface do I choose (uart, 2wire, 3wire, HIz, 1wire, i2c, keyb, LCD...). I'm pretty sure it's UART but I was unsure because of the additional configuration steps.

The AP121U is UART. And im sure the guide says not to connect the VDD.

-Foxtrot.

Well, I hope I haven't fried it by messing with that 5v pin (it's disconnected now), but I still wanted to ask about the configuration with my bus pirate:

Serial Port: 115200

Data Bits and Parity: 8, none

Stop Bits: 1

Recieve Polarity: ? (Idle 1 or 0)

Select output type: ? (open drain H=Hi-Z, L=GND or Normal (H=3.3V, L=GND)

and thank you both for your quick answers

Edited by cokedick_louie