SMSer - Texting Pineapple

newbi3

SMSer is available for 3.x.x!

2.x.x version is no longer being updated!

SMSer alows you to control your pineapple through your phone by simply sending it a text message. It does this using Multimedia Messaging Service or MMS. Through SMSer you can turn on or off karma and dns spoof by sending it key words that you would use in an everyday conversation as well as any 3 custom commands that you setup your self.

Features:

Turn on karma

Turn on DNS spoof

Turn on and off LEDs on the pineapple

Run up to 3 of your own commands or programs

All with a simple keyword in a text message

Requirements:

Pineapple (of course)

A phone or other means of texting

A gmail account with basic security (username and password ONLY)

Coming Soon:

SSH-like shell over sms (with authentication)

Karma reports over sms

Getting the status of the pineapple

SMSer should work for everyone but here is a list of tested carriers:

Pinger

Trackphone (through a sprint gateway not sure if sprint works as well)

AT&T

Verison

T-Mobile

Family Mobile

For t-mobile and family mobile use the sms gateway: tmomail.net

Known Issues:

You wont always get the response from the pineapple even though it sent it (I think this is just a problem with Pinger)

Older phones (my old LG trackphone) can not send MMS this shouldn't be a problem with android or iOS

Here are some videos of SMSer on 2.x.x:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRmXXT51NI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oRyGp7yS1g&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YitfVgoqdno

Media:

2dm8l6u.jpg

28i6c05.jpg

Edited by newbi3

YESSS!

Well I installed the infusion and it removed all my previous infusions from the infusion list. It appears that they are still installed though, I can execute commands through cli.

Really? People were having that same issue with Evil Java... I am going to download it in a minute and try it out see if I have the same issue.

EDIT:

I had the same problem when I downloaded it the name was blank and when I removed it all my modules where gone as well. I'm not sure if this is a problem on my side or not...

Edited by newbi3

Running this infusion with At&T and getting error : DNS Error:Domain name not found.

Are you getting this error on your phone or in the logs? Also if you are DNS spoofing *.gmai.com this module will fail because it is making a connection out to imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com

The only characters that would cause an issue would be a space or sing quote (') or double quote("). If you have a space in your password be sure to wrap it in quotes and if you have a single quote wrap your password in double quotes and visa verse.

EXAMPLE: mypasswordwithasinglequote' write it as "mypasswordwithasinglequote'"

Are you getting this error on your phone or in the logs? Also if you are DNS spoofing *.gmai.com this module will fail because it is making a connection out to imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com

Sorry I was getting this error from the pineapple email. But I have fixed it, where it asks for Gateway I was entering my phone number along with the gateway... Fail on my part.

• 2 months later...

I used this a few weeks ago to play around with some other scripts.

It works good, but with my phone i would get the occasional bug.

Never the less, thanks for the scripts.
It's pretty creative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried to install the infusion on fw 3.0.0.

After entering configuration information, I clicked submit, the application infusion then brought up a white page with an X.

Configuration was not saved.

I just fixed the problem in version 1.3 which you can download now!

Edited by newbi3

• 1 month later...

Give me a little bit more info. What is your gateway, service provide, phone model? Make sure you are using a gmail account with ONLY standard password authentication!

Give me a little bit more info. What is your gateway, service provide, phone model? Make sure you are using a gmail account with ONLY standard password authentication!

i don't know what two step verification is or how to check it. but my gateway is txt.att.com and the service is AT&T.. and the phone model is a blackjack.

Hello, I'm brand new here and to the wifi pineapple (which I love). I got the SMSer infusion working and all but I didn't know how the custom commands work. I was wanting to make one for disabling the wifi for the pineapple. Reason being that when I leave the house and still have the pineapple running with ICS I wouldn't want someone some of the lurkers stealing my bandwidth. I was trying to figure out the the commands for the pineapple in the execute command box but was having no success. Where do I go from here?

The custom commands are just linux commands, you can put what ever you want there. In your case you are going to want to turn wifi off or shutdown the pineapple. Hope this helps you :D