College for InfoSec

pookie_bear

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this...

I am looking to start college for information systems security and i have a few questions for all of you.

1) what is a good online college for this field?

-I work a full time job with no set schedule, shift, or days off. So a full time regular college is not a choice.

2) other than A+, network+, Security+ and CISSP what would be some certifications to look in to? (linux+?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have been calling colleges and doing research on them and finding a lot of disappointment.

Ok, I have done the reasearch since I started my Associates of Networking Systems Administration, because I was aiming since the beginning towards this carrer.

I will tell you my plan and you can use it as you need.

There's college out there that doesn't require full time hours, I work full time and still go to college nightly.

I don't want to provide information about any college in specific through since I am unsure about this site's policies, but you can message me and I can tell you some that will offer night classes in the USA.

Online college? I won't recommend at all in my opinion. You don't always have the teacher right there beside you to answer your questions in a timely and proper manner. I have so many friends that have run into these issues, and at the end you will find yourself with late homework or late work that will decrease your grade and your success rate in the class.

For me the success rate is EXTREMELY important.

You can take Linux +. I would recommend Microsoft Certified Professional, Ethical Hacker, and Penetration Testing certifications. (www.sans.org provide the last two) You can check out their certifications, they have a lot related to security. I know they are expensive but they are worth it.

If you still require more information please let me know and I will reply as soon as possible to help you out.

Don't assume that what I say is the only way by any means, there are a lot of options out there since America is the country of opportunity.

Best Regards

Joey-world