Update 3G script causes space error and does not work

Zephyr

I'm on my second USB modem, trying to get it to connect with the pineapple. My second one is a Huawei E173. That's the one I've been working with lately. Needless to say, it would not connect ... like the ZTE MF61 I tried to use before it. In the midst of trying to actually get one USB modem to work with the pineapple, I now receive this error when trying to update the 3G script:

Warning: fopen(/pineapple/3g/3g.sh) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No space left on device in /pineapple/pages/3g.php on line 51
Could not open file!

Don't know what that means. My swap file is intact and working. Is there a USB modem that actually works with the pineapple?

Mark IV

Edited by Zephyr

Well, the answer is simple. You are out of space on the pineapple. I am guessing you have a few too many infusions installed to your local storage.

You will need to free up some space for the device to operate properly - make use of your USB storage for infusions.

There are plenty of USB modems that work out of the box (see 3G.sh for example). There are many more that people have gotten to work here and have posted guides or solutions for their issues.

The rule is generally that if it works with linux, it will work on the pineapple.

Well, the answer is simple. You are out of space on the pineapple. I am guessing you have a few too many infusions installed to your local storage.

You will need to free up some space for the device to operate properly - make use of your USB storage for infusions.

There are plenty of USB modems that work out of the box (see 3G.sh for example). There are many more that people have gotten to work here and have posted guides or solutions for their issues.

The rule is generally that if it works with linux, it will work on the pineapple.

I have 3 minor modules installed, but that does indeed seem to be the issue.

As a quick aside, I'm learning the Pineapple and Linux concurrently, and have about 8-10 hours a week alloted to do so. Linux wasn't/isn't my area of specialty so the learning curve is still steep. Hence the reason for some occasional "dumb questions" from time to time. For want of more time, I give myself 24 hours to search for the answer/remedy the problem. If I haven't found the answer at the end of that time, I post the question to the forum.

Another question about 3G modems since we're on the subject. When I plug in my unlocked E173 directly to my box (XP/W7), using its proprietary software, there is a default APN of some given name. However when I launch the modem's GUI, I am never prompted to enter a username or pasword to access the network (T-mobile in this case), and notwithstanding that, it does still access the network. Given this, the APN entry in the 3G script I think is fairly obvious, but what should be entered as the username and password in the 3G boot script ... if not merely left blank?