Very buggy Mark1V

Having lots of issues.

1.Cannot Factory reset to save my life.

2. Wlan 1 will not work for anything I try. If I use wlan 0 every module works. I am using the USB radio from the hak5 store the light comes on but nothing ever works

3. Reboots all the time!!!!

Any help would be great!

-Tp

If I go to WiFi Jammer and select Wlan1 then click start the radios light comes on that is attached to usb and if I do an ifconfig from SSH I see that its up. I then start the monitor interface mon0 and light stays on and I can see its up with ifconfig. I start the jammer and it kicks off a few laptops around the room and then reboots the Pineapple!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Tp

Having lots of issues.

1.Cannot Factory reset to save my life.

2. Wlan 1 will not work for anything I try. If I use wlan 0 every module works. I am using the USB radio from the hak5 store the light comes on but nothing ever works

3. Reboots all the time!!!!

Any help would be great!

-Tp

in #2 im having a similar problem with the wlan1 but im using it with the modulemanager and its not picking up any ssids and the blue light turns on like you said

Are you using a powered USB hub?

telot

If I go to WiFi Jammer and select Wlan1 then click start the radios light comes on that is attached to usb and if I do an ifconfig from SSH I see that its up. I then start the monitor interface mon0 and light stays on and I can see its up with ifconfig. I start the jammer and it kicks off a few laptops around the room and then reboots the Pineapple!

Any ideas?

Mine does the same thing. It reboots after about a half minute of running jammer. And I'm running my ALFA card on hub powered by a 12 volt 3 Amp brick, so it is not a power problem. The only thing you can do is selectively deauth only certain macs. Usually one. If you only use jammer to deauth only one mac, it probably won't reboot

Just reflashed an that worked. The button on the bottom did not.

-Tp

The reset button resets configurations and passwords. It doesn't re-flash your device for you.

Reboots can have something to do with how modules work - some (reportedly) do not play nice with an external card. Errors in configuration could cause this.

Otherwise, it can be a power issue, a memory issue (add SWAP) and possibly some other issues.

From what you say, it is most likely a power issue - you will need a powered USB hub for best results.

The reset button resets configurations and passwords. It doesn't re-flash your device for you.

Reboots can have something to do with how modules work - some (reportedly) do not play nice with an external card. Errors in configuration could cause this.

Otherwise, it can be a power issue, a memory issue (add SWAP) and possibly some other issues.

From what you say, it is most likely a power issue - you will need a powered USB hub for best results.

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I will order a powered USB hub thank you.

-Tp

Mine does the same thing. It reboots after about a half minute of running jammer. And I'm running my ALFA card on hub powered by a 12 volt 3 Amp brick, so it is not a power problem. The only thing you can do is selectively deauth only certain macs. Usually one. If you only use jammer to deauth only one mac, it probably won't reboot

I will give that a try this evening,

Thank you,

-Tp

Wlan 1 crashes when I run anything on it still I used a powered hub a friend had I have 2 gigs of swap. I can run airodump-ng for an hour off wlan1 no issues if I run anything that sends auth packets it crashes instantly. For example mk3 will kill the connection / Jammer will / Reaver will / Ocupineapple will. Instantly that is with a powered hub 2 gigs of swap a fresh install plugged into wall ect.. Is my pineapple broken?? I tested the card on my laptop its rock solid no issues.

Ideas?

-Tp

I remember on the backtrack forums a while ago that people with alpha cards were experiencing probs with their cards if they used them in usb 3.0 ports. So perhaps plug pineapple in a 2.0 port on your laptop and consider using a 2.0 powered hub not a 3.0 powered one.

My own experience when using bactrack 5 and an alphacard awus036nh was that it acted irractically in a 3.0 port on my laptop and much much better when plugged into a 2.0 port.

I'm not saying this is the cause of course of all these problems ppl are having (see threads regarding karma not auto-connecting). Just something to consider.

Sorry i cant help more.

I remember on the backtrack forums a while ago that people with alpha cards were experiencing probs with their cards if they used them in usb 3.0 ports. So perhaps plug pineapple in a 2.0 port on your laptop and consider using a 2.0 powered hub not a 3.0 powered one.

My own experience when using bactrack 5 and an alphacard awus036nh was that it acted irractically in a 3.0 port on my laptop and much much better when plugged into a 2.0 port.

I'm not saying this is the cause of course of all these problems ppl are having (see threads regarding karma not auto-connecting). Just something to consider.

Sorry i cant help more.

Thank you for taking the time to help. I am using a USB 2.0 hub the 3.0 has not come in yet. I also plug directly into the pineapple and the same thing happens.

-Tp