carambola 2 (AR9331) with pineapple firmware

billius

i'm currently in the process of testing the pineapple firmware on the carambola 2, which has double the RAM and flash of the current pineapple IV.

more info on the board can be found here: http://8devices.com/carambola-2

the best thing about it is the size. it's small enough to fit in your pocket with an enclosure and antenna, and uses a fraction of the power that the pineapple IV does. i've had one connected to a LiPo battery without recharging for about a week, whereas the pineapple IV drained it in less than 36 hours.

unfortunately i don't have any time to work on this, as the board belongs to someone at my local hackerspace, but i can recommend the board to anyone who's interested in messing with a board with higher specs.

Edited by billius

• 4 weeks later...

Got mine yesterday. Going to start to "TRY" playing around with it today. There is limited info floating around the forums and 8Devices.com community seems to kind of suck comared to, say, Element14. I'm going to try starting with flashing the OpenWRT firmware that the Pinapple uses and then go from there. I will post updates as they happen.

Can someone post the git hub link or the version of OpenWRT the pineapple is currently using on the MKIV? I don't have my Pineapple with me right now and I'm having trouble finding the info. Being a bit hung-over doesn't help.

Can someone post the git hub link or the version of OpenWRT the pineapple is currently using on the MKIV? I don't have my Pineapple with me right now and I'm having trouble finding the info. Being a bit hung-over doesn't help.

Found it. :) This is going to take me some time. The Carambola 2 has some kernel modules (custom) that I need to build in to the Pineapple's OpenWRT amoung other custom modules. I am still researching and looks like this will be a tad challenging. Any help would be appreciated.

Let's hope our work can lead to the MKV! or better!

You probly have to get the Pineapple's version of OpenWRT on it first then flash Jasager/Mark IV fw from there

I can't find the Pineapple's version of OpenWRT. Can someone point me in the right direction. (Or possibly have the correct Menuconfig options so I can compile my own?) FYI, I am currently compiling a firmware from Carambola OpenWRT firmware including the web-interface the Pineapple uses. Testing to see if I chose the right menuconfig options. Still compiling and will try to flash it tonight. A shot in the dark I know but I have already tried to flash the Pineapple's firmware directly to it via sysupdate but it's not compatible. (probably the memory difference).

Ok, so I was able to patch the madwifi drivers with Jasager. Yay for me. On to getting the web-interface for the pineapple working now. It's coming along so far.

• 3 weeks later...

i compiled an image with mostly used pentest tools on it:

nmap,ettercap, reaver, mdk3 aircrack-suite, sslstrip, tcpdump wifi drivers for 8187 realtek and ath9k_htc

also: htop, nano, python, wget, wput, storage support, ext4

11MB image file

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/16596030/file.html

questions infos etc just let me know!

Edited by maxmatteo