It happened again.

newbi3

You may have read the last story about the one administrator who kicked me out of school for "hacking" a teachers facebook account with no evidence that I did it and even the teacher telling her later on that I had nothing to do with it. Well it has happened again....

They (The admin who suspended me last time) got another student mixed up with me and started talking to him about this situation (which I am getting to) and then realized he wasn't me and called me down. When I got down there she said to me that another students facebook account was hacked into and defaced and that I installed a keylogger onto his computer. I told her I knew nothing about it and she replied "so the student is lying then?!" and I said "I guess so" she ran out of the room to get him but couldn't find him and came back to accuse me more. Basically calling me a liar and saying that "last time I wasn't truth full". I wrote down EVERYTHING that I had done with the pineapple IN INK for her! This was the first time I had heard about this at all. I told her I don't know anything and after being accused for 15+ minutes she said "Ok I'm not accusing you I am just asking and you can go back to class". I was willing to let this all go until my councler came to me and told me that the kid who got his facebook hacked into didn't want me involved in this at all and that he said he knew it wasn't me and it was this particular admin who got me involved in this. Then to find out later on that she told someone (another staff member who was questioning her about bringing me in) that she never called me down and that I was already in the office so she decided to question me. Does anyone smell the BS yet? That all happened about a week ago and I told the guy no hard feelings between me and him and that I know nothing about what happened and I just want to be out of this mess. Then today I get called down again and the same admin is telling me that she pulled back security camera footage and saw me walking down the hallway that that particular networking class is in and another one (which is where I went) after school She was wondering what I did after school going by there. Which she has been told by the other networking instructor that me and one of my friends stay after school in his class to work on our various projects and that he is ok with this. SHE ALREADY KNOWS THAT! SHE EVEN HAS FOOTAGE OF ME WALKING WITH THAT INSTRUCTOR OUT OF THE BUILDING TO GO HOME! Somehow this is evidence that I broke into this kids facebook account which I was originally told happened in the morning. Also, after this happened he ran an AV scan and found 67 infections on his machine which to me says anyone in the world could have done that.

My parents are pretty pissed off now that I am getting harassed by this administrator both of my networking instructors are pissed off, my councilor is pissed off, and so are a good percentage of the students. Sometime this week me and my dad have a meeting with all of the administration and my instructors and we are going to get the previous suspension taken off of my record and get to the bottom of all of this harassment. I would also like to point out quickly that I am not the only accused in this situation but I am being setup to take the fall. I am not going to be silent about it this time. All I want to do is continue my projects and education and get out of here.

I can't say anything other than GET A LAWYER INVOLVED this time and PRESS CHARGES against the school, the teacher, and the district for the incident happening again! Rules of engagement, and how this is being handled, just don't seem right. Where is the principal when these incidents are happening and what kind of student body help is there for students of any kind, where are your parents when questioned or do you get to call them in when this happens? I'd be calling the police and filing charges against the teacher if this were my kid, but thats just me... The teacher obviously has no clue about computers and if someone gets a virus, you seem to be the scapegoat, and he/she is looking for any excuse to go after you. YOU NEED TO FIGHT THIS AND PRE-EMPT THIS WITH LEGAL COUNSEL.

Send an email to the EFF and get some help if your parents don't seek a local lawyer. Seriously. They deal with this kind of stuff for a living, so I would assume they'd at a minimum listen and offer something of advice as to your rights. Don't speak about any of this on the forums, friends, or anyone else in your school - especially friends and other teachers, but only with your lawyer. Best to keep as much of it as you can, documented too. Print all copies of everything you have, make copies, reuest them from the office if its every been put on record formally or not(you got questioned, there should be an incident response or report, and if none, then ask for one to be written and signed by the teacher who questioned you), forum posts from last incident, written documents or anything the school has sent home, etc, and take it all to a lawyer.

This is not a game and they can't keep attacking someone like this. The teacher basically harassing you and using intimidation, but a lawyer would know where/how that plays into law and at what level your rights are being violated. If you have to, seek the EFF without your parents if they won't help or get involved.

Edited by digip

I can't say anything other than GET A LAWYER INVOLVED this time and PRESS CHARGES against the school, the teacher, and the district for the incident happening again! Rules of engagement, and how this is being handled, just don't seem right. Where is the principal when these incidents are happening and what kind of student body help is there for students of any kind, where are your parents when questioned or do you get to call them in when this happens? I'd be calling the police and filing charges against the teacher if this were my kid, but thats just me... The teacher obviously has no clue about computers and if someone gets a virus, you seem to be the scapegoat, and he/she is looking for any excuse to go after you. YOU NEED TO FIGHT THIS AND PRE-EMPT THIS WITH LEGAL COUNSEL.

Send an email to the EFF and get some help if your parents don't seek a local lawyer. Seriously. They deal with this kind of stuff for a living, so I would assume they'd at a minimum listen and offer something of advice as to your rights. Don't speak about any of this on the forums, friends, or anyone else in your school - especially friends and other teachers, but only with your lawyer. Best to keep as much of it as you can, documented too. Print all copies of everything you have, make copies, reuest them from the office if its every been put on record formally or not(you got questioned, there should be an incident response or report, and if none, then ask for one to be written and signed by the teacher who questioned you), forum posts from last incident, written documents or anything the school has sent home, etc, and take it all to a lawyer.

This is not a game and they can't keep attacking someone like this. The teacher basically harassing you and using intimidation, but a lawyer would know where/how that plays into law and at what level your rights are being violated. If you have to, seek the EFF without your parents if they won't help or get involved.

I completely understand what you are saying and trust me my parents are looking at all of the options right now. Just to be clear though the kid who had his account hacked went to the administration to tell them about it there where no teachers involved in this it is all the one admin who had me suspended in December with no evidence that I did anything.

Why is a kid whose facebook gets hacked even have ANYTHING to do with the school in the first place? Kid shouldn't even be on facbook AT school in first place, but who are they, the Facebook police? F that. Kid gets his computer hacked, virus, malware, thats somethign that coudl have happened anywhere, and if the school is the network he used to get onto facebook, then the school are the b-tards for not blocking access to the internet for non-school related work. Its school, not home. Work is the same way. We fired people when they got infections or opened emails from places like yahoo, when we had policies in place restricting access to sites. If emplopyees bypassed restrictions, brought in stuff from home, got something onto the network like malware and we traced it back to them, the empoloyee was usually fired. only time it didn;t happen was in like 2000 when I think we had the Melissa or I love you virus break out which hit like everyone in 24hours around the world running Win2000 or 2003 with no patch for it at the time.

First check laws on recording. Or you will get hit with charges.

^^^This. The last thing anybody violating your rights and the law would want is a pesky recording incriminating them. So yes, make sure it is 100% legal or they will press charges...or at the very least threaten to in an attempt to extort you into 'shutting up'.