Pineapple dont respond automatically to probe request

angelburnt

Hi guys,

My pineapple mk4 are not responding to probe requests automatically :(

I have karma enabled and i can sniff for url's from my devices but only if i force connection to the wifi pineapple or if i had previously added the pineapple to my device...

Anyone can give me a clue on this?

Hi guys,

My pineapple mk4 are not responding to probe requests automatically :(

I have karma enabled and i can sniff for url's from my devices but only if i force connection to the wifi pineapple or if i had previously added the pineapple to my device...

Anyone can give me a clue on this?

Are you trying to get clients from an encrypted network, if so, it wont work, because this isnt what Karma is supposed to do. Search the forums for digininjas forum post on wireless encryption.

-Foxtrot

Are you trying to get clients from an encrypted network, if so, it wont work, because this isnt what Karma is supposed to do. Search the forums for digininjas forum post on wireless encryption.

-Foxtrot

But if my device (iphone or pc) its not connected to anything, its not supposed to connect to pineapple?! thanks for the reply Foxtrot ;)

But if my device (iphone or pc) its not connected to anything, its not supposed to connect to pineapple?! thanks for the reply Foxtrot ;)

no. Not if your saved networks are encrypted. They have to be saved OPEN networks, like GoGo-Airplane-Wifi, Guest-Wifi, things that would generally be an open network.

-Foxtrot

ohhhh man, I was not thinking this way.... so the pineapple is useless if the client dont access open networks?

assuming my last sentence its true, its possible to airodump the device and see if the client have some kind of open network on its probe and rename the pineapple SSID with the same name so the client connects to the pineapple?

Angelburnt, what you have said in your last post doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'll try to explain anyway. When you have saved networks in your computer/phone/tablet, it scans for them periodically. The pineapple will respond to such scans with a "yes" answer. The devices will then try to connect. This connection is supposed to succeed of the device your computer scanned for was an open network. However if it was an encrypted one the device will not be able to connect to the pineapple because the pineapple does not know the encryption key the device is trying to use. If the saved network on the device was a network without encryption, then they will happily connect and you will have tasty tasty packet transfer.

IF your devices have open networks saved, and you KNOW this for a fact. And it is still not connecting. Then you belong on the next thread down with the rest of us having that issue.

Hope I helped!

What I usually do for my iPhone (apparently it doesn't have Any known unencrypted networks ) is name the pineapple ssid the exact name that my iPhone connects to. This usually confuses my iPhone and connects to the pineapple. It won't even show the pineapple ssid which is great.

Angelburnt, what you have said in your last post doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'll try to explain anyway. When you have saved networks in your computer/phone/tablet, it scans for them periodically. The pineapple will respond to such scans with a "yes" answer. The devices will then try to connect. This connection is supposed to succeed of the device your computer scanned for was an open network. However if it was an encrypted one the device will not be able to connect to the pineapple because the pineapple does not know the encryption key the device is trying to use. If the saved network on the device was a network without encryption, then they will happily connect and you will have tasty tasty packet transfer.

IF your devices have open networks saved, and you KNOW this for a fact. And it is still not connecting. Then you belong on the next thread down with the rest of us having that issue.

Hope I helped!

Thanks for your reply Legomaniac, in fact i do have open networks saved on my iphone, actually even my pineapple was saved on my iphone and still dont connect to it. Its always connecting to the encrypted AP...

may the devices prefer to connect to a encrypted network first?

Big Hug

What I usually do for my iPhone (apparently it doesn't have Any known unencrypted networks ) is name the pineapple ssid the exact name that my iPhone connects to. This usually confuses my iPhone and connects to the pineapple. It won't even show the pineapple ssid which is great.

Thanks for reply Lordx18, i was thinking about something like that, but didnt tried yet... but i will ;)