Hit or miss connection issue.

ipconfig

So I seem to be having a bit of a hit or miss issue w/ my pineapple and a windows 8 machine. I can always gain access to the pineapple with out an issue. However more times then not I can not get internet activity through it.

I am connecting to the pineapple via Ethernet cord (none cross over). I have a wifi Alfa nic as my internet facing device.

More times then not I get the ethernet as "limited" connection (I have the correct ip showing, I can surf to the pineapple no problem), and my wifi nic will show connected to my access point. This will give my computer internet access but not the pineapple.

Out of the blue it will randomly connect and the ethernet will show connected internet access and everything will work perfectly. Not sure what is causing this but it is driving me bonkers.

I have mark iv pineapple updated to latest firmware.

Windows 8

I use Alfa wireless adapter for my pc to connect via wifi.

I use ethernet to connect pineapple to pc.

I do have the internet facing device set to share connect per the instructions in the booklet

I do have the pineapple facing device set to 172.16.42.42 - 255.255.255.0 and 8.8.8.8

I also get the a message that dhcp is not connected when I am not able to connect to internet via pineapple if that helps. If I have windows look at it and diagonse it will ALWAYS put things back to automatic ip and dns vs Static.

Anyways was if anyone has any tips and tricks I would love to hear them. As of now for the last 2 hours I can not get internet access via the pineapple.

I am also having the same problem on windows 7, when sharing the internet connection the pineapple cant get infusions or update it threw 172.16.42.1:1471 , im going on a limb saying the computer is not strong enough or the connection is not strong enough, having this problem makes your pineapple useless ._. if you do find an answer feel free to comment how you soved this problem

Well as you saw in the video I had no issues setting up my pineapple with an internet connection. Unless there is an actual hardware problem with your laptop or pineapple your not entering the information correctly. If your new to linux and the wifipineapple I can almost guarantee its a user error.

If your still having problems you should upload a video of your current setup.. your laptop, your os, the firmware your running on your pineapple, what ports your connecting too on your pineapple ie. PoE/Lan or WAN/LAN. I'm not sure this would have an effect on your connection but if you have antivirus try disabling it.

what interface are you using to send commands to the pineapple? The web UI or CLI?

Well as you saw in the video I had no issues setting up my pineapple with an internet connection. Unless there is an actual hardware problem with your laptop or pineapple your not entering the information correctly. If your new to linux and the wifipineapple I can almost guarantee its a user error.

If your still having problems you should upload a video of your current setup.. your laptop, your os, the firmware your running on your pineapple, what ports your connecting too on your pineapple ie. PoE/Lan or WAN/LAN. I'm not sure this would have an effect on your connection but if you have antivirus try disabling it.

what interface are you using to send commands to the pineapple? The web UI or CLI?

after taking this into advice i repeated the process and disabled everything in the anti virus and now everything works :rolleyes: , i was gonna make a video but then once i disabled the anti virus the infusions were listed and now everything works thx!