Setting Up Wifi PineApple Confusion

PcZerokey

Setting Up My wifi Pineapple i came across this problem and I didn't fined a home connection option on the guide can anyone help me?, and on the guide there is also a connection labeled wifi facing adapter as you can see that is not displayed in my connections...

s5wrcz.png

Edited by PcZerokey

Hey there. So by wifi facing adapter its referring to the connection you have between your pineapple and your computer. In your case I'm guessing your laptop is connnected to the internet via wifi. So you will select the wireless connection you use on your laptop. Click on properties then sharing and select the wireless network connection that is connected to the internet also click "Allow other network users to connect through this" etc. Once you get that setup you need to configure your IP on your eth0 port on your pc. So right click on your Local Area Connection select properties then double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 and type in the following IP address 172.16.42.42 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and dns 8.8.8.8.

Finally make sure your pineapple is powered and connect a cat5 cable from your laptop eth0 port to your pineapples PoE/Lan port and you should be able to type 172.16.42.1:1471 in your browser on your laptop and you'll be greeted with a login and default credentials are root and pineapplesareyummy for your password.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

Oh yah if this is confusing or doesn't work try this link it has many videos on configuring the Mark IV.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Security4Plus

Edited by deathdealerxx

Your welcome. Ya they updated that a long time ago I believe in 2.6.4, check out the changelog look for 2.6.4
http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/?changelog

they just haven't got around to changing the guide busy I'm sure with other things.

There's a setting in the UI of the pineapple that will allow you to change the port from 1471 to whatever you would like.

Edited by deathdealerxx

Better stick to an ethernet connection if you are downloading, just in case there are any issues - cannot stress the increased risk of bricking your device if your connection drops.

I hate saying, but look around the forums here, there are lots of guides on connection issues

Thx, but i ment for the pineapple to have internet access so it just isnt a standalone like it is right now, at the moment while another device connects to it theres no internet access and i cant get ICS to work so im trying to wifi relay(no videos,results found to do so)

Thx, but i ment for the pineapple to have internet access so it just isnt a standalone like it is right now, at the moment while another device connects to it theres no internet access and i cant get ICS to work so im trying to wifi relay(no videos,results found to do so)

For a relay, Use the networkmanager module by Whistle Master.