Wideband Software Defined Radio Transceiver

WindyCitySDR

Cooper,

WindyCitySDR, on 15 Jun 2015 - 10:51 PM, said:snapback.png

As the "Title" of this SDR thread/Post is no longer valid

" You're... not making a wideband SDR anymore? "

Cooper, the SDR MIMO, which now have expanded RF capabilities, I'm currently manufacturing

& assembling out of the Chicago area. And as a result of having demonstrated the devices this past

weekend before the TadHack 2015 event, nobody can dispute any longer " Does the device work ? "

Video Proof: OpenBTS connecting 2 GSM Mobiles + Google Voice + Wideband SDR MIMO

https://youtu.be/Bz19pIKPzt8

Cooper, you still think I need Kickstarter ? :-)

Yes, I am manufacturing these devices and have expanded the RF which is around 50% more than the UmTrx, BladeRF, & CUTS the price in 1/2 of what Ettus.com charges people!

This thread can be closed though, for those interested, we can continue the conversation here:

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/36044-wideband-sdr-successfully-demonstrated-before-tadhack-2015/

Edited by WindyCitySDR

I'm not disputing anything.

You started this topic a little over 2 years ago to inform people of how you were even back then demonstrating the technology you created, possibly to create some buzz around the product, possibly just to show of cool tech. I think both worked fairly well.

At the time there was no SDR subforum so Talk was the appropriate forum for this and I can understand you wanting to have this discussion moved to the SDR subforum. You could've simply asked an admin to move it there, or simply leave a note saying you've created a new topic there (as you did in your last reply) and then just let this one die (or ask an admin to lock this topic).

Instead you claimed this topic "is no longer valid" which is a strange way to describe a situation, and the reason why I responded the way I did, effectively asking you to clarify the situation.

It's not up to me to judge if you need a Kickstarter project for your device. All I can see is that this topic was tagged as "coming to KickStarter soon" and to the best of my knowledge only the topic starter can specify that.

It costs money to develop something and it costs money to go into production with whatever you've developed. Apparently you've made it past the development phase so kudos to you. Now on to production. Please enlighten us (either here or in that other topic), when can people actually buy this thing, and what price are you expecting to charge? Because "half an Ettus" doesn't mean a thing to me. (I remember that at some point in the past you were asked about this but it seems either you or one of the admins deleted that topic because I can't find it anymore)

Edited by Cooper

Cooper,

I didn't delete anything and its known the " Admins " are buddies with "other SDR Entities" who my Full Duplex MIMOs competes against.

The ONLY reason why I suggested this thread be closed is because I don't believe I'll need to utilize Kickstarter which is what I 1st posted in this thread almost 2 years ago.

All our SDR products are LESS expensive than the "Retail Pricing" of the following:

UBX 10-6000 MHz Rx/Tx (40 MHz, N Series and X Series)

$900.00

http://www.ettus.com/product/details/UBX40

Matt Ettus has deliberately DISABLED " UBX" series of daughter boards to be able to work with ANYTHING less expensive than the following:
USRP N200 - $1,515.00

USRP N210 - $1,717.00 USRP X300 - $3,900.00

USRP X310 - $4,800.00
And he wants the following $ alone for the daughter boards:
783775-01 | UBX 160 USRP Daughterboard (10 MHz - 6 GHz, 160 MHz BW)
783774-01 | UBX 40 USRP Daughterboard (10 MHz - 6 GHz, 40 MHz BW)

And yes we can match/exceed the RF range of Ettus, Fairwaves, Nuand, etc., etc., ;-) This is a byproduct of having grown up in Chicago, Illinois USA: the city that started both the USA's, then the world's Mobile Phone Industries!

Edited by WindyCitySDR

Please enlighten us (either here or in that other topic), when can people actually buy this thing, and what price are you expecting to charge

QFE.

Given your last 2 posts here you're effectively saying it'll be less than $450.

Can you be more specific? Any thoughts on a timeframe?

QFE.

Given your last 2 posts here you're effectively saying it'll be less than $450.

Can you be more specific? Any thoughts on a timeframe?

The HandHeldSDR, which works with WinGSM Base Station Software on Windows XP - Windows 10 LiveUSB, will be LESS than $450, is smaller than the BladeRF, and has more RF than both the Fairwaves UmTRX, and the Nuand BladeRF:

xTiTnl6QfbTKc4w0lG.gif

Cooper, the following picture, per your request, should ENLIGHTEN you :-)

WIN_20150610_211233.JPG

Cooper, what's the LEAST expensive wideband full duplex SDR MIMO ? The one your looking at :-)

As to the question of " Price " ? It will be less expensive than everything that you see as the following:

USRP E310 - $2,700.00783773-01 | USRP E310 KIT (2x2 MIMO, 70MHz - 6GHz) - Ettus Research

USRP E110 - $1,515.00 782745-01 | USRP E110 Kit (USRP E110, 2 SMA-Bulkhead RF Cables, USB Cable, Power)

USRP E100 - $1,313.00 782744-01 | USRP E100 Kit (USRP E100, 2 SMA-Bulkhead RF Cables, USB Cable, Power)

USRP N200 - $1,515.00 782746-01 | USRP N200 Kit (USRP N200, 2 SMA-Bulkhead RF Cables, Ethernet Cable, Power)

USRP N210 - $1,717.00 782747-01 | USRP N210 Kit (USPR N200, 2 SMA-Bulkhead RF Cables, Ethernet Cable, Power)

USRP B210 (Board Only) - $1,100.00 782981-01 | USRP B210 SDR Kit - Dual Channel Transceiver (70 MHz - 6GHz)

USRP B200 (Board Only) - $675.00 = NOT A WIDEBAND FULL DUPLEX MIMO

782980-01 | USRP B200 SDR Kit - Single Channel Transceiver (70 MHz - 6GHz)

USRP1 - $707.00782748-01 | USRP1 Kit (USRP1 Motherboard, Chassis, USB Cable, Power, Screw Kit, Fan)

http://www.ettus.com/product/

Cooper, what you'll QUICKLY realize is that people are being charged up the TAIL for " Fatter FPGAs " and a "Physical Interface" that's supposed to be " Faster ". But if you change your existing FPGA bitfile, you can attain faster than you'd believe RF bandwidth allowing you to NOT HAVE to spend MORE & MORE and MORE $.... :-)

There are 4 parts to SDR, ( roughly)

1. How wide a RF range your "SDR" can 'Listen/Talk' too

2. The PROCESSING fabric = FPGA, (if that's what you want to use)

3. The Interface to your General Purpose Processor which has DSP functions

4. The RANGE/Coverage Area your SDR can support WITHOUT additional hardware, i.e., Duplexer

Just because you have a SDR with a more powerful #1, # 2 & # 3, does NOT make your SDR " Better ".

Oh, I forgot to mention, the picture you see of the White SDR MIMO above I have held against the Computer Monitor Screen, per your question Cooper, can compete against the following as well too:

USRP X300 - $3,900.00783144-01 | KINTEX7-325T FPGA, 2 CHANNELS, 10GIGE AND PCIE BUS

USRP X310 - $4,800.00783145-01 | KINTEX7-410T FPGA, 2 CHANNELS, 10 GIGE AND PCIE BUS

http://www.ettus.com/product/category/USRP-X-Series

Can you place ANY of Nuand's BladeRF, or Fairwaves UmTRX, or Ettus', & RangeNetworks SDR on the first floor of a building, and using nothing more than 5Dbi WiFi antennas still have you mobile phone connected from the 4th floor?

Our SDR MIMO attained such last year to our utter suprise and will now become part of "Wireless Communities" around the world including Universities, Telecom Carriers, etc., etc. ;-)

A SDR needs ALL 4 honestly and NONE of the SDR devices listed above covers an "Area" in comparison to the Full Duplex SDR MIMO I'm manufacturing now, hence why I sold my BladeRF and UmTRX a long time ago! They just can't compete :-)

Edited by WindyCitySDR

More likely most of your posts look like marketing spam.

Barry,

BARRY is a WELL KNOWN NUTT HUGGER for Ettus as the " Spam " you are calling actually allows people the same SDR capabilities without paying up the TAIL.

Everyone knows this

Edited by WindyCitySDR

Right, time for "The Admins" to chime in.

First of all, I vaguely recall removing one of your posts, because it was flagged as spam by our users and on first look did look like someone spamming their product. This is something we get a lot around here and these simply get removed. I believe that we either decided not to remove it, or you re-posted it after it was removed.

In no way, shape, or form would we remove a post because of ties to others creating SDR equipment. You are probably speaking about Mike Ossman and his HackRF One. He's the kind of guy who promotes Open Hardware. Either way, we wouldn't remove posts that don't agree with "friends of the show" or our own beliefs (unless spam, harassment, etc).

I'm closing this thread now, and hope that I am not reading "BARRY is a WELL KNOWN NUTT HUGGER" as an insult to a very active member of our community. No need to break out into silly fights.

What you are doing looks interesting and like a great product for a good price! Feel free to keep the community updated in the SDR forum.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Edit: If ANYONE has further questions, please send me a PM and I will be happy to answer.