[Question] Using the duck in VirtualBox

Hello. Has anyone gotten the duck to run payloads just a normal machine would run them using a virtual machine on VirtualBox with the default firmware? I think I tried in the past, but you had to like mount the device or something like that with the menus in VirtualBox before a USB starts working in the VM. Has anyone played around with that? How do you guys normally safely test your payloads? Thanks.

I have been unsuccessful at getting Windows 7 and OS X payloads to work with VirtualBox. But Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, and all the Linux Distros i have tried work just fine. VMPlayer works great for Windows 7. I would be interested to see if anyone out there has been successful at getting VirtualBox working with WIndows 7...

When I am writing my payloads I normally only develop a step at a time(functional programming), and lots of times redirect output to notepad instead of the command prompt. When working with dangerous commands like file deletion commands I replace the deletion command with a "dir" command so It shows the files it would have deleted, and I know that the batch arguments are working correctly. If anyone does work out a good procedure to run these in a VM that would be great.

Edited by overwraith

I'm using Oracle VM Virtual Box with a USB addon (I'm not sure atm which one or from where). For me, the duck only works on the VM if it is in full screen mode with full capture options. if it's in Windowed mode then the host (Win7) catches the script instead. Interestingly, the VM then goes to capture the MSD as I've got TwinDuck installed.