Ubuntu and China

Mr-Protocol

Don't you have stupid NIC names now like wlp3s0, can you get wlan0 etc back?

-Foxtrot

Yup, you sure can. You simply create a link from /dev/null to.. wait:

ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-name-slot.rules

Reboot and you are done :)

Its interesting that ubuntu is doing this move, and the underlying holes in the whole situation, especially when you take into perspective that the world is going mobile and the laptop is being replaced; albiet slowly. With Ubuntu touch going mobile, and ubuntu trying to move for there own phone OS, isnt it interesting that China is involved?? With super powers playing around in a scene like this, one has to think there are far more intrinsic machinations going on in the dark or behind the "wall" then those in the public have any idea...

Yup, you sure can. You simply create a link from /dev/null to.. wait:

ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-name-slot.rules

Reboot and you are done :)

+1 for that Seb, helped me out alot. My wired doesn't work by dhcpcd in Arch, but I can fix that by just doing the ip addr <...> way in the guide. Cheers for recommending, I'm now a happy Arch user :)

-Foxtrot.

+1 for that Seb, helped me out alot. My wired doesn't work by dhcpcd in Arch, but I can fix that by just doing the ip addr <...> way in the guide. Cheers for recommending, I'm now a happy Arch user :)

-Foxtrot.

Glad I could make you switch!

In terms of dhcpd, that is strange. I am sure it is fixable though - the wiki has lots of information on it.

Glad I could make you switch!

In terms of dhcpd, that is strange. I am sure it is fixable though - the wiki has lots of information on it.

Yeah, I just made a simple bash script executing the IP commands and placed it in /bin/, easy way out :p

-Foxtrot