Mark IV support for AWUS036NHR?

sbenson

Truthfully - I didn't do any research and ended up just buying what I concluded was the most capable adapter in my price range. From what it looks like, the AWUS036NHR isn't supported by OpenWRT (yet?).

Is that correct? If so, is there any news/info re: the AWUS036NHR and driver support? Should I look into returning the NHR, and if so, what is recommended in its place?

If that is incorrect, then how do I get the NHR to work on the WiFi Pineapple? I tried installing the driver using the method listed here (http://www.alfa.com.tw/press_c_show.php?sn=5), but it was not successful.

Thanks,

-sbenson

I see. Is there any other alternatives? I might be out of my depth here, but it appears the NHA is significantly less powerful (500mW vs 2000mW ?).

While the NHA will probably work well for my purposes, I don't have a problem with spending a little bit more money, or having to work a little harder to get something to work, if it means better performance.

Sidenote: I actually have a WUSB600n v1 (by Cisco/Linksys) that I might be able to use in the meantime. What can I do to verify whether packet injection and monitor mode work for the adapter? Google is giving me inconclusive results, probably because there is a v1 and a v2 of the device.)

-sbenson

Edited by sbenson