Wifi Pineapple and virtual box

sark

Hi all,

I've recently brought a wifi pineapple and have been using it with little no problem on a ubuntu machine. Great but I fancy using it on my main laptop which is running windows 8 with orcales virtual box installed with BT R3 running on it. I've plugged in all the gear etc but I can't seem to get the thing to work. I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the set up on network adapters on the virtual box software but I can't work out where I'm going wrong with it. I've searched online but not really come up with any thing. If you have had any experience with it on your system please tell me where I'm going wrong if you know of a good tut then please point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much!

• 3 weeks later...

virtualbox doesnt see your nic directly. It installs a bridge on your pc and traffic is directed through that.

Best result is get a cheap usb nic online and use that (virtualbox will see your usb device and access that directly), just as you would your own nic.

Plenty of help around the forums - its what anyone with a MacBook Air has to do

I think you may be looking for the bridge adapter in your network settings.

aoweua.png

As far as I recall it uses internal drivers to bridge real hardware with virtual hardware,

It may look different on windoze, you can find the settings definitions starting on page 89 of the virtual box' user manual.

Also linked here; http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06.html