Script to install all (or specific) modules at once

Would this be possible?

I can see how it would be, but i just wanted to see if one of the DEV's could confirm the complexity of it.

It seems simple enough, i think... Find and run the commands that the HTML/JS ui calls, wait till it executes correctly and exits, then execute the next module fetch/get command, wait till completion, so on so forth.

For my purposes, a simple static script would work fine. But it would be nice if it could somehow parse a list of availible modules, their install scripts/commands, etc and then prompt the user to choose which modules they want, and then the user waits, presto.

If someone could just point me in the right direction and/or get me started, i could in theory have it done fairly quickly

ThunderMoose

Would this be possible?

I can see how it would be, but i just wanted to see if one of the DEV's could confirm the complexity of it.

It seems simple enough, i think... Find and run the commands that the HTML/JS ui calls, wait till it executes correctly and exits, then execute the next module fetch/get command, wait till completion, so on so forth.

For my purposes, a simple static script would work fine. But it would be nice if it could somehow parse a list of availible modules, their install scripts/commands, etc and then prompt the user to choose which modules they want, and then the user waits, presto.

If someone could just point me in the right direction and/or get me started, i could in theory have it done fairly quickly

ThunderMoose

Great Idea. Perhaps use one of these options :

1) Make a selection list, for example :

[1] ALL Modules

[2] MITM Module

[3] Randomroll Module

[etc etc etc]

Your choice? : 3

or

2)

Enter module name : Automator; Jammer

[in the background, wget the moduleList file on WifiPineapple.com then pipe it into grep and output Module names. If the module name entered matchs one of the ones on the list, then get the download for that file.]

I personnally would use number 2, then the script doesn't need to be updated everytime a new module is released, as it would be a pain.

Good luck,

-Foxtrot

Ok, i have a really basic Proof of concept working.

Just save it as something.html and open it in your browser. Select the module from the drop down, wait, tadah

DO NOT click on them all in rapid succession. I crashed my router that way hah. I'm working on preventing that at the moment, but havent gotten it working.

Read the commented out source to see what i tried, and also just how brain dead simple the whole script/page? is.

NOTE: This is just preliminary testing on its feasibility. Sometime very soon when i have some time i will revisit it and write it up in a WAY more efficient manner as to how foxtrot illustrated. Also, if you want, to just go ahead and snag the whole idea and write it up yourself and publish. But Just post here if you are working on it so we are not redundantly working on same thing.

http://pastebin.com/55uKrL7t

let me know what you guys think,

Thundermoose

edit: this is a very high level and ineficient approach to it. But seeing as it is apparently being implemented into the new GUI, i guess i can just sit tight.

Edited by ThunderMoose

Ok, i have a really basic Proof of concept working.

Just save it as something.html and open it in your browser. Select the module from the drop down, wait, tadah

DO NOT click on them all in rapid succession. I crashed my router that way hah. I'm working on preventing that at the moment, but havent gotten it working.

Read the commented out source to see what i tried, and also just how brain dead simple the whole script/page? is.

NOTE: This is just preliminary testing on its feasibility. Sometime very soon when i have some time i will revisit it and write it up in a WAY more efficient manner as to how foxtrot illustrated. Also, if you want, to just go ahead and snag the whole idea and write it up yourself and publish. But Just post here if you are working on it so we are not redundantly working on same thing.

http://pastebin.com/55uKrL7t

let me know what you guys think,

Thundermoose

edit: this is a very high level and ineficient approach to it. But seeing as it is apparently being implemented into the new GUI, i guess i can just sit tight.

No one will stop you if you want to make a script ;) But this is one of the things that was important to add in the new UI. It has been on our list for a while. It just wasn't as important as other things.

The entire pineapple infusion system gets an overhaul and you will all hopefully love it!

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Definitely looking forward to it. Any ETA on its release/availability for testing?

Never an ETA but the new UI will be out for closed beta testing not too long from now. The testers will consist of module developers and people who apply through our system (that will be online again by then).

• 1 month later...

Very cool, i have adjust the pineapple-setup.sh (found somewhere else here) and have (semi-)bricked it a few times. Luckily the reset button unbricked it, but having to reinstall the modules to usb everytime isn't much fun :) seeing the betatest started last month, i figure a current ETA would be in a few weeks?

Thanks & regards from Amsterdam.

Very cool, i have adjust the pineapple-setup.sh (found somewhere else here) and have (semi-)bricked it a few times. Luckily the reset button unbricked it, but having to reinstall the modules to usb everytime isn't much fun :) seeing the betatest started last month, i figure a current ETA would be in a few weeks?

Thanks & regards from Amsterdam.

Oh god, beta started a month ago? Did I miss that? :D

No, sarcasm aside, beta hasn't started yet and there is no ETA for it. Usually though, beta testing goes on for a couple of weeks and then we release. It may be a bit different with this version - we will see how the testing goes ;)