Pineapple LAN not working

angelburnt

Hi guys, i really need your help!!!

I bought a wifi pineapple mark IV last week. I think it has a manufacturing defect.After many attempts trying to configure my pineapple, I discovered that the LAN light its always off. For this reason, even setting my local network area as the manual says, I can not access the configuration page of my pineapple. The LAN light just blinks when I connect my usb port, after 10 seconds turns off.

My pineapple juice its not working too. :wacko: :wacko:

Damm, I have no luck, after waiting so long and spending$ 270 i get a faulty equipment. I made a short video for staff of hack5 but they currently do not have any technician who can help me. Anyone out there can spend 3 minutes seeing this video and agree that my pineapple its broked!?

thanks a lot and big hug for all!

Video demonstration --> http://vimeo.com/61439357

OS = Windows 7

Did you try using your wall power adapter not USB power? Your computer may or may not be giving you enough power. The setup looks good. In the firmware 2.6.4 and up the interface has changed from 172.16.42.1/pineapple to 172.16.42.1:1471 so try both and one should get you to the web interface.

Same problem here :(

Received mine yesterday:

The supplied lan cable is not working. When I use that one I do not get a physical connection at all. I used another lan cable and then I get a physical connection, but no lan light and no connection possible to the interface using both methods. The WAN interface does show up.

The lan light does light when the device is booting so the light is not broken.

Connecting with windows 7

I did not test the juice, but by reading I fear that will be broken too.

Edited by ghostbox

Hi guys, i really need your help!!!

I bought a wifi pineapple mark IV last week. I think it has a manufacturing defect.After many attempts trying to configure my pineapple, I discovered that the LAN light its always off. For this reason, even setting my local network area as the manual says, I can not access the configuration page of my pineapple. The LAN light just blinks when I connect my usb port, after 10 seconds turns off.

My pineapple juice its not working too. :wacko: :wacko:

Damm, I have no luck, after waiting so long and spending$ 270 i get a faulty equipment. I made a short video for staff of hack5 but they currently do not have any technician who can help me. Anyone out there can spend 3 minutes seeing this video and agree that my pineapple its broked!?

thanks a lot and big hug for all!

Video demonstration --> http://vimeo.com/61439357

OS = Windows 7

By getting to the redirect.php page your pineapple seems to be working. Again use the wall power adapter not USB power.

By getting to the redirect.php page your pineapple seems to be working. Again use the wall power adapter not USB power.

The wlan is working so the wifi side of the pineapple is ok as far as I can see on mine. Problem is the lan connection. What he probably did is he wireless connected his laptop to the pineapple wlan. If you look closely to the video you will see that he gets a red cross through his local lan after he shows the settings. Typing the pineapple url will connect him through wireless aka the redirect.php and not the physical lan connection.

I also tried the reset button, but no result from that.

Edited by ghostbox

The wlan is working so the wifi side of the pineapple is ok as far as I can see on mine. Problem is the lan connection. What he probably did is he wireless connected his laptop to the pineapple wlan. If you look closely to the video you will see that he gets a red cross through his local lan after he shows the settings. Typing the pineapple url will connect him through wireless aka the redirect.php and not the physical lan connection.

Yes, he could have connected to the wlan instead of the LAN/PoE port, but you can still get to the interface over wlan by going to 172.16.42.1/pineapple or 172.16.42.1:1471 depending on your firmware version.

If it still doesn't work, for debugging purposes try and disable all network connection adapters in the Network and Connections window in Windows 7 except the one for the pineapple.

Edited by TylerCPU

Hi guys, thank you very much for the fast replies. I tried 172.16.42.1:1471 and its working now. :) :)

But i think im connected trought the pineapple wlan like ghostbox said. So as my firmware version is 2.7.0 i think WiFi Pineapple Dev its right too, at least mine is broken. My LAN, USB and WAN led its always off. So can someone tell me if it's worth sending the equipment back to the hack5 in exchange for a new one? Or all pineapples with this firmware version are BROKEN?

I think something as serious as this should have a ready response from hack5 store. As a customer I am extremely upset with this situation, I spent $ 270 and the customer support just tells me to go ask questions to the forum because they have no technician to check this out? I do not believe that this failure is so difficult to spot. :angry:

Thanks to all who contributed to clarify this problem, a big hug to everyone!!

Did you try using your wall power adapter not USB power? Your computer may or may not be giving you enough power. The setup looks good. In the firmware 2.6.4 and up the interface has changed from 172.16.42.1/pineapple to 172.16.42.1:1471 so try both and one should get you to the web interface.

Cant connect to my wall power because in europe we use a diferent connector, i have to buy an adaptor.But this is not a good solution too, cause i need to be wireless... thanks for the response ;)

Hi guys, thank you very much for the fast replies. I tried 172.16.42.1:1471 and its working now. :) :)
But i think im connected trought the pineapple wlan like ghostbox said. So as my firmware version is 2.7.0 i think WiFi Pineapple Dev its right too, at least mine is broken. My LAN, USB and WAN led its always off. So can someone tell me if it's worth sending the equipment back to the hack5 in exchange for a new one? Or all pineapples with this firmware version are BROKEN?
I think something as serious as this should have a ready response from hack5 store. As a customer I am extremely upset with this situation, I spent $ 270 and the customer support just tells me to go ask questions to the forum because they have no technician to check this out? I do not believe that this failure is so difficult to spot. :angry:
Thanks to all who contributed to clarify this problem, a big hug to everyone!!

Sending it back to the hakshop makes no sense. It is a software issue. Simply upgrade to 2.8.0 and your LED issue is fixed.

It is simply a missing kernel module.

Upgrade to 2.8.0 by going to your web-ui and performing an OTA upgrade.

In regards to your battery pack - that seems defective. Contact the hakshop and get it replaced.

In terms of the technician, well, the forums are the best way to get in contact with us. I for one am here all the time and am always happy to help.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Sending it back to the hakshop makes no sense. It is a software issue. Simply upgrade to 2.8.0 and your LED issue is fixed.

It is simply a missing kernel module.

Upgrade to 2.8.0 by going to your web-ui and performing an OTA upgrade.

In regards to your battery pack - that seems defective. Contact the hakshop and get it replaced.

In terms of the technician, well, the forums are the best way to get in contact with us. I for one am here all the time and am always happy to help.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Seb, maybe the WiFiPineapple.com/index.php?Flashing page should be updated with information regarding the switch in accessing the Web UI :)

-Foxtrot

Seb, maybe the WiFiPineapple.com/index.php?Flashing page should be updated with information regarding the switch in accessing the Web UI :)

-Foxtrot

Yeah.. I need to re-write that page anyway.

That whole site needs an overhaul :(

But first the new 3.0.0 UI ;)