Post jokes and funny things here.

badbass

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that you want to start a new group of noobs, as you called them, but find a group that has pulled off successful DDoS attacks a joke.

Is there any actual proof that it was actually them, and not just the pure load on the servers which caused the outages?

Also, my contribution:

I applied for my job at Sony, but they canceled The Interview

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably ancient, but it was new to me. Funny german-language video but it's funny regardless of language.
"So dad, how do you like that iPad we got you for your birthday? Install any apps yet?"
http://www.snotr.com/video/8965

Winning:
Playing-Rollercoaster-Tycoon.png

Apple spoof by IKEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOXQo7nURs0

New work fail. Found in the ceiling above the patch panel. I guess they ran out of cable or something, and needed another 6 feet. They did a horrible job with the patch panel, so I moved it up the wall and found I had enough slack to repatch all the cables properly. They had all the cables running through the wall to the patch panel, looks like they made the hole in the metal stud with a hammer. Nicked the outer cover in a few places, but all the cables certify out cat5e or better, so I'm not going to repull anything. They have the bundles taped together throughout the building, so I couldn't even use the old bad cable as a pull string.

IMG_20150112_112312.jpg

Jesus. Then again, that's what I'm planning to do with 4 USB cables in my fileserver topic...

But I'd at the very least wrap everything together. This looks like it would fall apart at the first sign of trouble.

Jesus. Then again, that's what I'm planning to do with 4 USB cables in my fileserver topic...

But I'd at the very least wrap everything together. This looks like it would fall apart at the first sign of trouble.

You're not going to use them for data are you? Don't think that will work. If you're going to use it for power, that might work, but solder them!!

The plan is data. Soldering might be a good idea, but there's maybe 5 strands of uber-thin copper in those wires. Will be tough to get anything to stick to that in a decent fashion.

Why would data be a problem? This is USB 2.0 after all. They're not even twisting their cables last I checked.

No, the chassis exposes 2 USB ports which, internally, terminate in a 10-pin block to plug into the mobo. Problem is, the boards I'm using don't have the associated pin block. What they do have is 2 USB ports. When I look at the block, 2 pins are unused and the other 8 are just 2 rows, one for each USB connector, with the 4 cables terminating in them. All I want to do is replace the 10-pin block with 2 USB connectors that I can plug into the board. The cable length will remain the same, just a different plug on the end.

Edited by Cooper

What came with the chassis is like the second link except for 2 ports so 8 instead of 4 of the pins on the connector are 'live'.

The goal is to replace that block with an actual male USB connector so I can plug it into my boards and have it become more a USB extension cable.

What came with the chassis is like the second link except for 2 ports so 8 instead of 4 of the pins on the connector are 'live'.

The goal is to replace that block with an actual male USB connector so I can plug it into my boards and have it become more a USB extension cable.

Gotcha. I've got a few of those kicking around in a box somewhere. I used them in my Janus box build years ago. Looked kinda like this. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/50cm-PC-Computer-DIY-HOST-Case-Motherboard-10Pin-USB-Female-to-Dual-Layer-USB2-0-A/1881210632.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, this one cracked me up. Remember those rediculously expensive optical cables Monster made which were gold-plated to improve the signal...?

Sony have now developed a MicroSD card for audiophiles which produces less electrical noise when read.

Oh, and it only costs about 4.5 times the amount of a similiarly sized normal MicroSD card...