Whats up with Dreamhost?

ChevronX

Whats up with Dreamhost?

I have been looking into webhosting and I looked at Dreamhost, however I believe that it is too good to be true, I mean, all the space etc is cheap, one of the cheapest I have seen, the price of the webhosting, even converted to New Zealand dollars it is cheaper then any hosting I have seen, even for like 1 gig of space.

There dedicated server deals isnt the best though. For the price you pay for that you dont even get root access to your server. Not mention the fact that your database is still in a shared environment. But i do like the managed hosting deal.

The official dreamhost blog had an entry on why they can offer so much bandwidth/disk space once, and the guys over there have their heads on right. the account is worth it for the monthly newsletter alone. they guys seem to be hackers in the sense like us.

as for torrents, we ran out torrent server on dreamhost for the longest time, but could never figure out how to get download numbers from them so we switched to using several libsyn accounts to power the direct downloads.