Cant get USB expansion to work HELP!

Just checked my laptop and it's providing 5.02 Volts from the USB. The Pineapple Juice is providing 5.04 Volts. They are providing slightly less then the wall plug. Could it be the Pineapple is eating up too much power to run the Sandisk 4Gb on anything more then the wall power source?

@ sygo

Sorry for the delay. went on break and didnt bring my box.

Partitioning successful. Pineapple memory expansion not so much. Pretty much the same situation. Doesnt show up with df -h or free cmd.

Not sure if i was still supposed to run the mkswap cmd from the pineapple after already doing it in fdisk but after nothing showed up from df -h i ran the mkswap /dev/sda2 and got the same error message.

AHHHHHHHH this is driving me crazy. Do you think its possibly a faulty pineapple or is it more likely that im just screwing sumething up. I just want more space.

Is there any other info i can provide to help rectify the situation?

Thanks for your patience.

So spent the last hour trying to get the same cruzer 4GB from the hakshop to work using all available info and have the same issue. If I follow the same instructions on an 8GB Silicon Motion or another 2GB sandisk had from way back and BAMMMM works like a charm like it should.

- I saw someone say it worked by plugging in the pineapple to the wall outlet... In my case I'm using the pack that came with my pineapple order. Seems it has to be with the cruzer since other USB devices work in the same config no prob.

- Also I actually have two of the Cruzer 4GB usb drives and neither worked.

[Tests]

- Two different Cruzer 4GB usb drives.

- Used gparted / disk utility in BTR3 as well as Backbox

- Tested making 1 partition ext4 [70% - 80%] of drive and then the remaining partition as ext4 [still doesn't see drive] as well as testing the 2nd partition set as linux-swap right out of the gate. No Go

- Hit or miss to get the drive to recognize [No orange light / nothing listed using lsusb other than standard entry]

- Sometimes instead of rebooting the device I would fully disconnect power for ~1-2 minutes and fired it up and sometimes the drive would be recognized however the partitions still wouldn't mount [ No swap / no /usb]

So spent the last hour trying to get the same cruzer 4GB from the hakshop to work using all available info and have the same issue. If I follow the same instructions on an 8GB Silicon Motion or another 2GB sandisk had from way back and BAMMMM works like a charm like it should.

- I saw someone say it worked by plugging in the pineapple to the wall outlet... In my case I'm using the pack that came with my pineapple order. Seems it has to be with the cruzer since other USB devices work in the same config no prob.

- Also I actually have two of the Cruzer 4GB usb drives and neither worked.

[Tests]

- Two different Cruzer 4GB usb drives.

- Used gparted / disk utility in BTR3 as well as Backbox

- Tested making 1 partition ext4 [70% - 80%] of drive and then the remaining partition as ext4 [still doesn't see drive] as well as testing the 2nd partition set as linux-swap right out of the gate. No Go

- Hit or miss to get the drive to recognize [No orange light / nothing listed using lsusb other than standard entry]

- Sometimes instead of rebooting the device I would fully disconnect power for ~1-2 minutes and fired it up and sometimes the drive would be recognized however the partitions still wouldn't mount [ No swap / no /usb]

Ohh and I should add the I tried this on the .7 and the .8 firmware with the same results. In the middle of a couple of tests I had also done some factory resets with the usb in as well as out during the reset.

@Scanner Martel,

my turn to apologize for the delay (I have no excuse though. LOL)

would you please boot the pinapple, insert the usb drive and post the dmesg somewhere? (pastebin or something, no need to flood the forum with it) I need data in order to keep troubleshooting this with you :)

@Scanner Martel,

my turn to apologize for the delay (I have no excuse though. LOL)

would you please boot the pinapple, insert the usb drive and post the dmesg somewhere? (pastebin or something, no need to flood the forum with it) I need data in order to keep troubleshooting this with you :)

I actually sent in the pineapple to get it replaced. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing going on with that one unit that would be sending us all on a goose chase. I'll post the dmesg of the new fruit when I get it. Thanks a ton for all your help.

-SM