Reading textplus messages?

johnbjr

Easiest way is to use Brup proxy to man in the middle all web traffic. Here are some tutorials how:

http://carnal0wnage.attackresearch.com/2010/11/iphone-burp.html

http://portswigger.net/burp/help/proxy_options_installingcacert.html#iphone

You can check in side SSL with that setup. If it's not web and it's using some other protocol you may be out of luck, but good chance that it's using HTTP or HTTPS

If you do check make sure you report back and let us know what you find. Seb, I would have thought it was the protocol rather than the program, if the protocol specifies that it is encrypted then it has to be. As this is Apples baby then I would have thought they would have put some effort into protecting it.

If you do check make sure you report back and let us know what you find. Seb, I would have thought it was the protocol rather than the program, if the protocol specifies that it is encrypted then it has to be. As this is Apples baby then I would have thought they would have put some effort into protecting it.

I didn't mean it that way. I meant the type of connection is up to the app (or at least the developer). I meant that Apple doesn't force you to use encrypted protocols. But, you are of course right, it depends on the protocol.

I wasn't aware that it was Apple's baby - I would assume it is encrypted and protected well.

Hopefully when it was designed they specified that all communication had to be done securely, whether that was built into the protocol design or whether it was added by something like HTTPS.

What you don't want is for them to say that it is like the web, the server side can chose whether they are offering secure or not.

Thank you. I had orderd the Mark IV a few days ago so I should have it soon. Textplus isnt made by apple its a third party app which is for the Apple iOS and android. I will try it out when I get it and let you all know. Thanks