firmware 2.7.7

xneox

Hey xneox! Welcome to the pineapple scene :), to do a normal upgrade, simply download the firmware and rename it to upgrade.bin, then copy the MD5 hash from the downloads section on the wifi pineapple website (http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/index.php?downloads), go to the pineapple upgrade page in the UI (172.16.42.1:1471) and select the upgrade.bin, then underneath paste in the hash you got from the website and read all the warnings and info on the page, then click upgrade!

Hope that helps

-Foxtrot

If all the lights are on the pineapple. You can tell if it rebooted by watching for the lights to go off and back on. It shouldn't take that long. My upgrades are usually pretty fast.

Try re-flashing the firmware again and watch for it to reboot. If you can't re-flash it over the WebUI try re-flashing it over ssh. I had to do that once.

How do I reflash without bticking it

Just go to the web-interface, upgrade, upload the file again. Make sure you have JS enabled of course.

Saying that, I have a feeling that 2.8.0 will be out in a matter of hours if not minutes ;)

I just purchased a pineapple IV and noticed that it is running firmware 2.7

I also noticed that on wifipineapple.com that release 2.7 is listed as "stable" and all of the releases from 2.7 to 2.7.7 are not listed as "stable"

Does that mean those point release are experimental and not stable or is 2.7.7 good to go?

-Andres

I just purchased a pineapple IV and noticed that it is running firmware 2.7

I also noticed that on wifipineapple.com that release 2.7 is listed as "stable" and all of the releases from 2.7 to 2.7.7 are not listed as "stable"

Does that mean those point release are experimental and not stable or is 2.7.7 good to go?

-Andres

2.7.0 is the latest stable firmware. However 2.7.7 does include updates and fixes but is still considered a development firmware. The new 2.8.0 firmware should be released soon!

So if your thinking about upgrading I would wait until the new firmware is released :)