Question Regarding Openvpn

Skorpinok Rover

Hello,

I have openvpn installed on BT5R3, after successfuly launching the vpn, my ip is changed, however i have a question is this openvpn 100% anonymous ? i mean in case if i scan a live website can real ip traced ?

Regards

Skorpinok

What VPN have you connected to?

Openvpn is used to create an encrypted tunnel between your computer and a network eg. home network/ office network / VPS service.

If you want to access websites with an anonymous IP, I suggest looking at TOR (and privoxy).

What VPN have you connected to?

Openvpn is used to create an encrypted tunnel between your computer and a network eg. home network/ office network / VPS service.

If you want to access websites with an anonymous IP, I suggest looking at TOR (and privoxy).

its PPT I guess .Sorry i don't have enough knowledge regarding vpn stuff & Many say TOR is not stable nowdays..so i took vpn.. just for a try..

Edited by skorpinok

Depends what Vpn provider you're going through. Don't route it to your house or a free vpn if you want to stay hidden. AirVPN has been a pretty good one at $21 for 3mo with multiple locations to choose from. I hear nvpn is good too, that one usually gets recommended around Hackforums so you could look into it as well

Whats that? I think I heard Barry start a new and completely awesome project!

Unfortunately I'm away from my pineapple for a few days, but can it be as simple as opkg install --dest usb openvpn-server and then configuration?

telot

Actually thinking about it some more, it might not work the way I first thought it up. You'd have to set a point to point vpn between your laptop and the pineapple with two dyndns addresses. I don't think you'd be able to make the connection back through starbucks' firewall. The pineapple has to initiate the connection through the firewall so you have something to connect back to. So technically, the automagic ssh tunnel how to I've seen around here should work just as well.

pptp, or microsofts implementation is also broken vheck ipredator site for details, nvpn tos says they keep and share logs so that's fail, ipredator does not log making it harder to identify who had what ip at one time, but nothing is surefire, wardrive and torbest bet

Edited by sober

yes. pptp was hacked a while back...maybe at derbycon? My memory is failing me...

telot