[Question] Help! First time ducky-user

condor

Ok, ok. Perhaps I bought something out of my league. I can't get past encoding a file to use. :(

I remember watching Darren do a tutorial on replacing the Desktop with a screen-shot, but I can't find that same tut. I can find a video where he mentions, then quickly runs through that same trick. But I need to see when and WHERE these commands are being used.

I did the 'svn checkout https://ducky-decode.googlecode.com/svn/ ducky-decode' .

Do I want that on the sd card? Or just on my netbook?

I did both, and while running the normal operation command sequence 'java -jar duckencoder.java -i MYFILETODECODE.txt -o inject.bin' I would get the "Unable to access jarfile duckencoder.jar"

I've been working on this for two nights now. I've read tons, and have tried everything I've come across. The ./ doesn't do it. I think the file names have changed a little since these 'how-to's' and tuts were made?

So, with that in mind, I did a little editing and changed the normal operation command sequence to "java -jar ./encoder.jar -i /root/brute_test.txt -o inject.bin"

and I get this error:

root@sandy:/media/FE9A-C406/ducky-decode/trunk/Encoder/v2# java -jar ./encoder.jar -i /root/brute_test.txt -o inject.bin
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Encoder : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
Could not find the main class: Encoder. Program will exit.

Any ideas? Anyone? I know this can't be that difficult, I just ask WAY TOO many questions in my head sometimes, and it gets all garbled. Plus I have no formal training on ANY of this.

Try downloading the Duck Encoder v2.3 from:

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/27257-encoder-duck-encoder-v23-released-020513/

It can be run from anywhere. So long as the inject.bin ends up on the root of your SD. I just use the folder in my Downloads directory where it was extracted to.

I've found it easiest to compile the .bin to the current directory and move it manually to the SD card, by omitting the -o arg on the encoder. Laziness really, as it's less to type.

java -jar encoder.jar -l uk -i source.txt

If that doesn't work then snake will be able to help you I'm sure.

I've streamlined the process even more by adding the above code to a batch file called compile.bat and always calling the script I use source.txt. That way, it's easy just to make changes in Notepad and double click the batch for a new .bin file in the current directory.

Don't worry if you think you're over your head with it. I was tearing my hair out for the first day. The SD card was dud so nothing I did worked at all. Then I had fun reflashing it with TwinDuck. But once you get over the teething problems, it's an immensely powerful part of your SE Toolkit.

Stick with it. I hope it works for you.

Edited by ApacheTech

thank you very much for the reply. the file from that post is some webpage, with a .html.part extension. LOST

The sd card should be fine as I can add/remove files from it when it's plugged into an sd reader. I do want to use a reader to put the inject.bin file onto the sd card, right? Then physically move sd card to ducky? I got that part, but I need to have something encoded first. I'm stuck there.

GRRRRRRRR.

I gave up anger for lent. Fucking bastards, lol. I'm being tested......

*****************EDIT******************************

Won't one of you type out the steps to use this thing? Is there a way to use windows? God forbid I boot into it, but I do keep a copy of xp on my netbook (mostly just for pr0n, lol)

Edited by condor

There is a full Wiki here: http://code.google.com/p/ducky-decode/wiki/Index?tm=6

The DuckEncoder_v2.3.zip file is available here: http://code.google.com/p/ducky-decode/downloads/detail?name=DuckEncoder_v2.3.zip&can=2&q=

These are the files in the links from the thread I mentioned in the last post.

There is also a caveat that says "Compiled under Java 1.7.0 (Will not work on versions of Java below this)." Make sure your Java Libraries are fully up to date.

Unless you're running the TwinDuck Firmware, use a card reader to copy the inject.bin to the SD card.

You first script should be a ridiculously easy script:

DELAY 5000

Nothing else. The indication that it works will be that the light is green or flashing green and yellow. Steady or flashing red means a fault.

Edited by ApacheTech

Feeling somewhat lame for not clicking on that damn link before trying to download it. I've got the new encoder just now. Gonna tangle with it for a few. Wife has passed out upstairs finally. Perhaps I will get SOMETHING done, lol

1. Download Ducky Encoder v2.3 Zipfile and unzip to separate directory.

2. Open Notepad, write a script "DELAY 5000" and safe to the directory your encoder is in as source.txt.

3. Open a command prompt and traverse to that very same directory.

4. Run "java -jar encoder.jar -i source.txt".

5. Copy resulting inject.bin to the root of your FAT/FAT32 formatted MicroSD card.

6. Place the SD Card in the duck.

7. ????

8. PROFIT

• 3 months later...

Can you please tell me what fixed it as I am having the same issue

I am getting the same thing no matter what version I am using.

java -jar /root/Desktop/DuckEncoder_v2.3/encoder.jar -i bart.txt
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Encoder : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
Could not find the main class: Encoder. Program will exit.