[Question] How to run the Ducky Encoder?

webdirector
Go to solution Solved by no42,

Hello, I am not getting something.

can you please clear for me ?

I made a directory in root called ducky

then I did:

svn checkout https://ducky-decode.googlecode.com/svn/ ducky-decode

I went to encoder/v2

In there I put my hello world script into hello.txt saved the file to v2 directory

I then did :

java -jar encoder.java -l resources/de.properties -i hello.txt -o inject.bin

I get this ;

Unable to access jarfile encoder.java

I look at ownership and it belongs to root

so what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for help

Edited by webdirector

The encoder should be in a jar file, not a java file. If it is in a java file drop the -jar part.

java -jar encoder.java -l resources/de.properties -i hello.txt -o inject.bin

Additionally, if you're in the U.S. you shouldn't need to specify any keyboard settings.

Edited by overwraith

• Solution

Your trying to execute the java file instead of the jar

$ java -jar encoder.jar 

Or, compile the java source and run java against the class file

$ javac encoder.java
$ java encoder

Hopefully, you'll see the encoder help message, then your good to go!

Thanks guys,

I also saw that I was still on Java 1.6

I updated to version 1.7 and now I think it is working

Question: I had bought by ducky some time ago and it was in my drawer as I had German keypad so i did not work.

should I update something ?

Rgds

Edited by webdirector

Should work straight away with the new encoder.

We worked hard to keep the encoder backward compatible, and the relationship between ducky script and the firmware constant.

The newer firmwares, just have enhancements and different modes of operation.

• 6 months later...

Its java based, if you have java installed and its in your path, you can follow the example highlighted above.

The encoder.jar, is pre-packaged so will run on its own within a JRE. If you do not have a JRE download from http://www.java.com/getjava/‎

If you download the source from the SVN, you will need to compile the code with a java JDK.

More on the Encoder can be found : https://code.google.com/p/ducky-decode/wiki/Encoder_Howto

Edited by midnitesnake

Thanks...I do have JRE (I got the JDK, and I understand JRE is part of that). Is there a particular directory I need to extract to after DLing the zip ? Java is confirmed in my path, but javac encoder.jar brings up file not found: encoder.java. Java encoder returns "could not find or load main class encoder". Makes me think I just need to drop this thing into a different directory...

Thanks...I do have JRE (I got the JDK, and I understand JRE is part of that). Is there a particular directory I need to extract to after DLing the zip ? Java is confirmed in my path, but javac encoder.jar brings up file not found: encoder.java. Java encoder returns "could not find or load main class encoder". Makes me think I just need to drop this thing into a different directory...

Javac is "java-compiler" for compiling the source .java files to .class files. I think your using the precompiled build, not the source here.

you want to unzip the encoder.zip anywhere you want, i like on the sdcard. Open up a prompt, cd to the drive letter, java -jar encoder.jar -h