pineapple with back track and macbook air

sark

Hi guys,

I've just recently brought a pineapple device and I'm trying to set it all up. I've searched all over the web etc to find a solution to my problem but no joys so I thought I'd drop a message on here. I have the pineapples ethernet cable connected to a usb adaptor since the airs don;t come with an ethernet port. I fire up back track and run the installation process for the device. When I go to the browser to access the device, firefox hits back saying it can't open the page. Now I'm guessing it has something to do with the vm I am using. It is oracles virtual machine. I haven't changed any of the settings but when I got no where I followed a vid that pointed to changing network adaptors etc but I still got no joy. Any one have any suggestions as to where I might be going wrong?

Thanks very much in advance.

Thanks for your reply. Its a brand new pineapple so its got all the latest firmware on it. I am running BT5 r3. I like what you said about the drivers for the USB device. It come bundled with a CD containing drivers. Downside is, airs have no CD drive! I read somethings on the web which say mountain lion come pre installed with all the drivers. But you need to set up internet sharing. Unfortunately it won't allow me to since it won't recognise the device! My guess is, the mac doesn't like the adaptor.

sark,

Ensure you are connecting to 172.16.42.1:1471/pineapple (user:root pass:pineapplesareyummy)

Also, as you are using a usb ethernet adaptor, I would use the usb passthrough option to pass the whole adaptor through to the virtual machine, most likely it will be supported under linux.

Using the usb passthrough as the connection to the pineapple it would be a good idea to create a second 'bridged' adaptor which avoid triple NAT'ing which would reduce network speeds.

sark,

Ensure you are connecting to 172.16.42.1:1471/pineapple (user:root pass:pineapplesareyummy)

Also, as you are using a usb ethernet adaptor, I would use the usb passthrough option to pass the whole adaptor through to the virtual machine, most likely it will be supported under linux.

Using the usb passthrough as the connection to the pineapple it would be a good idea to create a second 'bridged' adaptor which avoid triple NAT'ing which would reduce network speeds.

No, it is http://172.16.42.1:1471/ --please don't add the /pineapple.

• 4 weeks later...