Disappointed with recent order, lack of response from Customer Service.

ambro

Hello,

I recently placed a purchase for one of the Wifi Pineapple's and was promptly notified via email that my order had been automatically canceled, the email stated the following:

If the order was cancelled due to suspected fraud, please see below:

We apologize for the inconvenience with your order.
The order has been AUTOMATICALLY cancelled for one or more of the following reasons:

*Shipping to a PO Box with UPS (UPS will NOT ship to a PO Box Internationally).
*The billing address does not match the billing address on the card.
*The billing address and the shipping address are different, or in different countries.
*The name on the card does not match the name on the billing or shipping address.
*The CVV authentication failed.
*The card was used multiple times with failed attempts.
*The card is suspected as being stolen / fraudulent.
*Several failed attempts were made from the same customer.

Being rather confused by this, I emailed customer service requesting further information as to why my order had been canceled, the response I was provided with was:

Hi there,
Sorry for the inconvenience of your cancelled order. We have received a large volume of fraudulent purchases, and in our efforts to protect our business we are unable to ship to any address other than the billing address. If you would like your order shipped to your business address you must provide proof of employment (i.e. business card, linked in profile, or valid web credentials). Thank you for your support and understanding of policies that are vital to our small online business.

Totally understandable, and prior to receiving this email from support, I had placed a second order on the Hak5.org store assuming that I had perhaps keyed in the shipping information incorrectly. The first order reflects being canceled, my bank also reflects the same information but this new order I placed, is stuck in a "processing" state and I'm unable to get any sort of information from the customer service department. I've called, left a message and sent about 5 emails since receiving this notice, providing the link to my linked-in account, even sent an email from my company just as a secondary layer of proof, no response. I'm not sure what to think at this point, the money was deducted from my account but I've not received word if the information I provided was sufficient proof or not.

I'm afraid that this has been a rather unpleasant experience thus far, people often have items sent to their place of business, this isn't abnormal behavior by any means and being that this item was supposed to be delegated for work related purposes, I opted for the 2 day shipping, it doesn't appear that I'm going to receive my item on time even though the site states that _most_ items are shipped within the first 24 hours.

I'm a bit frustrated, am out 130+ dollars and have no idea if my item is going to ship or what the status is of the order, I'd very much like a response on this if possible. I can understand being a smaller business and having to be cautious when mailing to a secondary addresses but, I've provided the proof requested, I've been charged for the item, I just want this issue resolved.

Any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

Is "hak5shop@gmail.com" Shopify support?

When you send an email through your contact-us page, I believe it sends mail to shop@hak5.org, not sure if that's Shopify support or not.

For clarification on the emails, 2 of them were providing different forms of verification since due to past fraudulent charges, by default you're unable to ship products to addresses outside of the billing address on file. The other emails sent were replying to the original message asking for details as to why the first order was canceled and the last email was requesting an update for the second order. I don't feel any of that was excessive as you otherwise negatively implied.

hak5shop@gmail.com may or may not actually be hak5's email, but might in fact be myshopify.com's and their own customer services/billing, etc. Not sure how that works, but I assume all customer service for the store at myshopify.com is handled by myshopify.com staff and their own internal network and merchant services, I would assume, so customer service I assume is at myshopify.com, and their people, so sending an email to hak5shop@gmail.com would make me think that someone at hak5 would contact myshopify on your behalf, and if nothing can be done, then handle it themselves, but its a third party merchant selling items of hak5, so I think maybe there is some time between your email, when it gets read, and then relayed to myshopify.com

http://hakshop.myshopify.com/pages/contact-us :

General inquiries and ordering questions can be submitted via email to shop@hak5.org. Please only email the hakshop if your question cannot be found via the store website.

With regard to the merchant support themself, thats here: http://support.shopify.com/

(local number: 1.613.688.3623)

http://support.shopify.com/customer/portal/emails/new

So yeah, maybe 5 emails is excessive, if just sent 5 before actually getting a response, that would seem a bit excessive. If 5 in total were sent due to back and forth correspondence, then no, that I would think is not excessive.

At the end of the day, you got it fixed and your order went through though, so thumbs up for that.