Pineapple newb Question

bakenast

hi im new here and have been reading through the booklet on the pineapple product im still a lil confused. i see its used to pickup wifi but im already using my neighbors wifi so i dont need it for that..

Bbut i read the part on the 3g broadband, if i have lets say a 3g usb broadband stick or a mifi device that we no longer use cause of ridiculous priceing is there any way this pineapple can enable it to pick up signals so it would have access to internet again even though, it wont work right now cause we canceled our contract.. any tips would be appreciated thanks

First, this should be posted in teh jasager section

hi im new here and have been reading through the booklet on the pineapple product im still a lil confused. i see its used to pickup wifi but im already using my neighbors wifi so i dont need it for that..

The device is used to attract other devices onto your network, not pickup wifi.

The pineapple looks for probe requests,and answers to ANY wifi device, as if it were that device. If you wanted to use it to MITM someone, you can use conventional internet, or a 3G dongle to enable internet access, and then sniff all the end users traffic once they've connected to the pineapple. It will not, and has nothing to do, with enabling wifi on another device, no any control over the mifi other than if the mifi is in working condition, allow it to be used as the gateway to reach the internet.

My question is, what was you intent on buying the pineapple, and what did you think the device did, as in, what was the purpose of buying something you have no idea what it does?

oic well i didnt know i thought it could help me get internet access... i read where it could enable you to see what other people are doing on there computers but i didnt need it for that, i wasnt going to buy something that i had no idea was thats why i was asking..

lol

that is all.

telot