WiFi Hak Kit

madhak

I just got my pineapple a day ago, first thing I did right after testing its awesomeness was to replace the old dd-wrt linksys router from my WiFi Kit. Here's the result;

DSCF6161-768x1024.jpg

The Kit consist of the following parts;

- WiFi Pineapple MK4
- Ralink 300mW USB WiFi radio
- 3G Modem, Router, AP
- 4 port USB2.0 Hub
- WiSpy 2.4 spectrum analyzer
- WiSpy device finder (directional antenna)
- High gain patch directional antenna
- USB Bluetooth 2.0 dongle
- 32Gb USB Key device (USB SwissKnife 2.0 pictured)
- 12v 6000mAh LiPo battery
- 2000mW WiFi Booster (inside the accessory bag)
- 5v 3A UBEC (Voltage regulator)
- Accessory bag with different antenna, patch, cable and gender changer)

I get about 8h with everything on with the huge battery. It also has enough Amps to jump start a car (can always be useful if wardriving) ... The 2 directional antenna really work, I could leave it a few block away, for longer range there is a 2W booster in the accessory pouch but the battery would drain twice faster, plus the fact that transmitting at 2W require a HAM licence.

I’m planning to replace the Ralink radio for an Alpha. While the pineapple fully recognize the Ralink, it can’t perform Deauth and other function that the Alpha can do. Still, I can use it to connect to the Pineapple which can perform the more advanced function.

I’ll also replace the WiSpy with a Ubertooth because the WiSpy is not supported on the Pineapples. The Ubertooth will also replace the cheap USB Bluetooth dongle currently used. The Wispy and everything connected to the USB Hub can be connected to a laptop instead of the Pineapple so its not completely useless. There is also the HakRF project that look very interesting considering I work a lot with RF, not just WiFi.

The Kit can easily communicate with my Omega Kit trough the UART interface of the Pineapples but I don’t see many scenario where that would be needed.

DSCF6142-768x1024.jpg

Edited by madhak

Very nice setup madhak!! I just have 2 questions...

1) In which scenario you would use the "32Gb USB Key device (USB SwissKnife 2.0 pictured)" ?

2) Beside the power consumption, are you satisfied with the particular 2000mW WiFi Booster ? I've read a lot about boosters having problems with noise...

Hi KiatoG, thanks for the comment!

1) None really, a smaller one would do the job as far as the pineapple is concerned, but I connect the hub to my laptop from time to time so I have all my useful stuff there. (there is details about how my key is configured, you can take a look here, its an old post but still accurate; https://madhak.com/?p=41

2) It does make a difference, of course there is an issue with noise because it amplifies not only the WiFi signal but the whole 2.4GHz spectrum, I've bought many of these little Amp, they worth the price, I'm using them for my multi-copter remote because it use 2.4 spread spectrum. Its best to do a spectrum survey with it and without it... If the signal is visible above the noise floor, but not too strong, its good to use it. if the signal is already strong... weird thing happen. If signal is indistinguishable from the noise floor then you will amplify all the floor noise and the signal won't be more perceivable. The best tool I have to gain better signal is that little green (PCB) patch antenna, it is very directional and provide sufficient gain most of the time, if that is not enough I will add the Amp... Bottom line is don’t amplify an omni-directionnal antenna and watch the noise, otherwise your will amplify garbage.

I like the PCB antenna more also! The dimensions are perfect for a kit like this but i think if you are running a DOS attack the Amp is better.

Nice work with the multi-copter by the way! I'm also working on a project right now using multicopters for GPS Jamming.

I like the PCB antenna more also! The dimensions are perfect for a kit like this but i think if you are running a DOS attack the Amp is better.

Nice work with the multi-copter by the way! I'm also working on a project right now using multicopters for GPS Jamming.

Hehe nice, have you looked at the jammer on dx.com? I wanted to buy one badly but I don’t know any legit thing you could do with that (they even have one designed to steal car lol), I use a EMI proof pouch for my phone for secret meeting (from DX too, it work well).

yes, Amp will work marvellously well if your application primary focus is transmitting like for my remote control for the copter.

If you want to add a jammer to a RC vehicle you will need to use a low frequency TX as the GPS jammer will jam 1500MHz plus the harmonic all over 2.4GHz that will severely impact the range, check flytron.com they have awesome open-source TX/RX that work a 433MHz

Not to mention jamming is illegal in most civilized country ;) and please don’t do that (flying multi-copter or jamming) near airport, that would violate several federal law and could kill me as I fly a lot :o

Edited by madhak

• 1 month later...

MadHak Awesome Setup! Wish to one day be able to build up to a similiar set! Now my only question is is dx.com legit ive read alot of reviews but seeing that you have used it would you recommend any sellers? Thanks!

Thanks for the comment, yes dx.com is legit, I've bought over 6000$ from them last year and out of that maybe 20$ worth of stuff came broken, I don't bother returning defective item, its a PITA... you get what you pay for and shipping is slow (about 1 month on average with express shipping) but its definitely a good source for cheap electronic and gadget. A friend of mine had a different experience but he was using credit card and they fuckup on payment processing took him a month to sort it out before they finally ship... I use paypal all the time and never had an issue with them and item ship as advertised (~7day from payment date) 3 Week shipping with EMS express, never tried slower standard free shipping but I read it can take from 2 to 3 month...

I love dx.com! I have spent thousands of dollars over the past years ordering things I don't need. :)

I don't bother with defective items like madhak said but I do a live chat to talk with them. So far they just refund me all my money.

Most recent purchase from them for my pineapple was:

Dual USB 2.0 Male Ports to 3 USB Female + 1 Mini USB Ports Charging/Data Hub - Black Edited by pimmpinit

Just went to dx.com for the first time...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!?!?!?!

haha thanks for the link!

telot

Thanks for the comments guys,

@Telot & Pimmpinit; hahaha, I hear you! I need to find an DXer Anonymous program soon...

I haven’t been very active here lately, working on a crazy big motorised antenna, If you guys like antennas check out my new project: Large Antenna Tracker

Edited by madhak