Encryption

AbsoluteFenrir

Hello everyone, new to the forums.

My question is, I am planning to use TrueCrypt and have been doing a lot of research on it but would like a straight answer instead of piecing together information from various sources. So what I have planned is putting Windows 8 and Backtrack 5 R3 on a drive, but I want the entire drive encrypted so I dualboot an encrypted version of Windows and BT. I'm not too sure on the order of things or how to use the TrueCrypt Multibooter. If someone could help me with a detailed explanation from beginning to end it would be very greatly appreciated. I am using x64 OS(s). Also if someone could explain creating the Rescue Disk via USB it would help a lot too, as I am not confident I fully understand this. http://stdout-dev-null.blogspot.ca/2010/02/truecrypt-rescue-disk-on-usb.html .

Thanks in advance! - Fenrir

First I want to thank you, second I want to say that I did spend a great deal of time on google, I just didn't search that specific query.

EDIT: I looked around on the BT/Linux forum and found this. http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54220&highlight=Dual+boot+windows+encryption If anyone else is interested.

Edited by AbsoluteFenrir

It seems that you get to a point where its not what you know, but how good at googling you are. No one can know everything anymore (Aristotle was heralded as the last man to know everything), now the name of the game is who can access the information best/quickest/most efficiently. Theres tons of good articles about google-fu you can read up on to bolster your skills. Modifiers like site, type, file, +, - are all amazing tools to help you narrow down the results to exactly what you're looking for.

telot

Sorry. 1st, I am truly an asshole. I openly admit it, not very proud of it, but I let my frustrations at perceived laziness get the better of me.

2nd, I have learned the art of the Google. It wasn't anything I studied, but it just came naturally. My wife has to remind me that not everyone is as good at it.

So my apologies for coming across as an ass, and I'm glad you have the info you were looking for.