Update problems with Pineapple Mark IV

th3_e5c@p15t

I tried updating my pineapple firmware and had a problem with the update. The update erased the html code contained within the index.php page inside of the www directory. Can anyone copy/paste their index.php page here (the one contained inside the www directory)? My web gui is blank. The only way for me to use my pineapple is through ssh, but I would like to have my web gui back :)

Just reflash it again and it will be a lot easier. Just SCP the update.bin file over into the /tmp folder on the Pineapple. Issue "sysupgrade -n -v /tmp/upgrade.bin" through your ssh and go grab a beer. Reference the hyperlink below for exact steps. :)

http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/index.php?flashing

-Stealthkit

Edited by stealthkit

@digininja, it used to work with the browser, but since I performed the upgrade incorrectly, it erased my index.php page, and now only has one line of code that sends you to redirect.php, and redirect.php keeps sending you back to index.php, and so on and so forth.

TL;DR Endless loop when I navigate to the 172.16.42.1/pineapple. Does not give me the login anymore.

It is easier for you to just flash it over ssh now. Also I am assuming you are running version 4.2 or something close to that which can not update to 2.7 from the web UI due to a new hashing algorithm (don't quote me on that I just read it somewhere).

Here's a video just follow the instructions.

To elaborate on my previous answer:

You have upgraded to a version above 2.6.4. This means that the webUI is now at http://172.16.42.1:1471

You can find all this information in the changelog and in the forum if you use the search function / read a few posts on the front page.

You did nothing wrong with the upgrade, you just didn't read the changelog.

If I SSH into the pineapple and flash the pineapple through the CLI, do I have to have to have the pineapple connected to the network through ethernet or will it work through wifi? If I remember correctly, that is how I got the whole thing messed up in the first place by using wifi during the upgrade, which I did not realize until later. It was completely my mistake through misinterpretation of the instructions

Edited by th3_e5c@p15t

If I SSH into the pineapple and flash the pineapple through the CLI, do I have to have to have the pineapple connected to the network through ethernet or will it work through wifi? If I remember correctly, that is how I got the whole thing messed up in the first place by using wifi during the upgrade, which I did not realize until later. It was completely my mistake through misinterpretation of the instructions

Please see my post above.

Just like "Seb" said, try and go to http://172.16.42.1:1471 to access the UI. You will want to be connected to the LAN/POE port on the Pineapple or you need to be connected to the pineapple via wifi to access the web ui. (You need an address 172.16.42.X /24) If that doesn't work then you should re-flash the pineapple and I would suggest plugging the Pineapple into your home's router via ethernet on the WAN ethernet port on the Pineapple.

-Stealthkit

I'm trying now to connect to the pineapple through ftp using Filezilla, it keeps refusing my connection. I am using the correct information

Host: 172.16.42.1

Username: root

Password: pineapplesareyummy

port: 22

Am I using the wrong port maybe for filezilla?

The pineapple doesn't have an FTP server installed. Use SCP instead.