Karma on the FON wlan0 and eth0 connection

aishee20

• Pineapple Hardware Version (ex: Mark III, Mark IV, etc.): Jasager 1.0 on Fonera 2100
  • OS used to connect to the pineapple: Backtrack 5r3
  • Network layout of how your setup is connected (including IP information): I follow this guide on setting my Fonera http://www.mindcert.com/resources/Jasager-Mind-Map.pdf

Good day I have been working on my Fonera for almost a week and seems that I had only one problem left to fire things up. The tutorial tells that I need to connect to a wireless network (wlan0) for internet connection to be routed on the Fonera (eth0), now the issue is that how am I supposed to provide internet connection on the connected clients on the Fon if I cannot be able to connect on wlan0 while the eth0 is up. Thanks for the help. :)

anyone please.. :unsure:

Please have patience for responses, the reason u probably didnt get a response is most people are running Mark version routers not the orginal Fonera routers. To explain the internet should be shared though a computer with ICS enabled this provides the internet connection to the "victims" of the Fonera

so the connections should look like this

Victim >> [ (Wlan0 Fonera) .. (Eth0 Fonera) ] >> [ (Eth0 ICS'd computer) (Wlan or other Internet connection ICS computer) ] >>>>Internet

I hope this helps you get your Fonera setup, I highly encourage you to upgrade to a Mark version router, I own a Fonera and now a Mark IV and while the Foneras are cool and they work the Mark version routers definitely havae many many improvements in hardware and software, the modules add so much functionality its not even funny when comparing the routers. Anyhow hope I have helped you finish your setup, if not let me know and Ill help as I can.

Please have patience for responses, the reason u probably didnt get a response is most people are running Mark version routers not the orginal Fonera routers. To explain the internet should be shared though a computer with ICS enabled this provides the internet connection to the "victims" of the Fonera

so the connections should look like this

Victim >> [ (Wlan0 Fonera) .. (Eth0 Fonera) ] >> [ (Eth0 ICS'd computer) (Wlan or other Internet connection ICS computer) ] >>>>Internet

I hope this helps you get your Fonera setup, I highly encourage you to upgrade to a Mark version router, I own a Fonera and now a Mark IV and while the Foneras are cool and they work the Mark version routers definitely havae many many improvements in hardware and software, the modules add so much functionality its not even funny when comparing the routers. Anyhow hope I have helped you finish your setup, if not let me know and Ill help as I can.

I am sorry for being so impatient and thanks for your help. Are there any software available for BTr3 which enables its ICS functionality or do I have to manually configure it? I already followed several tutorials and with no luck I still wasn't able to get things to work properly because if I connect the wlan0 in Wicd Nerwork Manager it automatically disables eth0 and resets its IP configuration.

Help!.. I think my fonera is broken I reflash my fonera with jasager firmware because the settings are all mess up. I am using the telnet redboot in installing the jasager because I don't have a serial cable and I've already done it several times but after the last reboot my Fon doesn't connect anymore. I tried 4 different ethernet cables one of which is a crossover but still I cannot ping the router.

these are my lan settings on my computer:

but still I cannot ping the router. :(​ :unsure:​

The mods will probably correct me if I'm wrong, but I think something may have gotten messed up. I think it may be time to get a serial cable (you can find them in the hakshop) and flash it that way

I am thinking of using the CA-42 serial instead..

The good thing with the first versions of the pineapple is that if they brick, the bootloader can be accessed over telnet. You will most likely NOT need a serial cable.

http://digininja.org/jasager/ has all the information you need to re-flash your device. That should fix you up.

That is my major problem I cannot access the redboot anymore I think it got messed up after several flashing.

The mods will probably correct me if I'm wrong, but I think something may have gotten messed up. I think it may be time to get a serial cable (you can find them in the hakshop) and flash it that way

hi.. I had manage to acquire a USB to (Serial TTL) from a local hobby shop it has a prolific 2303 chip on in..

usb-uart.png

I followed the procedure in accessing the redboot through serial console on a windows 7 machine using putty but the console is just showing 3 - 5 random symbols when I powered the router on. I tried plugging in the TX cable into the RX pinout of the router with a 5 second delay after powering up but still nothing came up on the window.. is my router already dead? :unsure: :(

You most likely need to check the serial settings, not sure what they were for the fonera, but google around and see what you can find!

I already followed the serial pinout guide from different forums but still I cannot access the device it is somewhat stuck when booting up. Maybe the flash chip broke after several reformat and reinstallation, I never thought the device was too fragile for that. :unsure:​

Edited by aishee20