[Question] Possibility of Bluetooth Connectors for USB Ducky? [Not Possible]

overwraith
Go to solution Solved by overwraith,

• Solution

Never mind, I answered my own question. According to google, there is no female USB to bluetooth connector, because the connector would have to be able to convert the keyboard traffic into bluetooth traffic. It would be really cool though if the USB rubber ducky could be made to use bluetooth, for a more remote attack. Ex. wait for the victim to login, then press a button on the ducky to trigger the payload. I have no idea if it would work, and no Idea if there is any kind of setup procedure for bluetooth keyboards that would prevent this type of thing.

Never mind, I answered my own question. According to google, there is no female USB to bluetooth connector, because the connector would have to be able to convert the keyboard traffic into bluetooth traffic. It would be really cool though if the USB rubber ducky could be made to use bluetooth, for a more remote attack. Ex. wait for the victim to login, then press a button on the ducky to trigger the payload. I have no idea if it would work, and no Idea if there is any kind of setup procedure for bluetooth keyboards that would prevent this type of thing.

That's interesting, I know how I would make that work;

Ducky side:

-arduino board

-usb host shield

-bluetooth client module

PC side:

-usb bluetooth host module prepaired with client module

ducky=>usbhost shield=>arduino=>wifi, bt or any radio module =>(over the air)=>paired radio module=>teensy=>PC

Or you can replace the bluetooth part with xbee or even wifi providing you put the same radio on the PC side and translate to USB with a tensy.

At this point you should realise your ducky is not needed anymore because you can write the payload straight on the teensy and have it controlled remotely so pershap your project should look more like that:

Wifishield=>teensy or arduino=>PC then write an interface you can use on your phone, tablet to inject payload remotely ;)

you can find all that stuff on sparkfun.com (I am not afiliated with SF but I buy A LOT from them)

Happy remote quacking

I am going to have to look into this, how much understanding of the hardware is required? Is there any soldering involved? I am a programmer type, so have little knowledge of hardware type stuff.

Unless you go the Arduino way you will need some soldering, Arduino provide all the shield you need for this project, you dont need to solder anything but you will end up with something the size of half a brick that cost a lot of money...

BUT, if you can afford to do 8 solder joint, you can get away with a teensy and a wifi module. all you need to do is connect the TX, RX, GND, 5V from teensy to wifi module. here the exact part (I have them in stock in my Lab):

-teensy 2.0

-xbee adapter

-wifi module (Xbee format)

I am very interested in this project, I have very little time to code when I'm home I prefer playing with hardware and trying to take over the world with my multi-copter and robots... If you are serious about this, Can I suggest that I ship you a pre-assembled module and you make the code and share with me :D, this assume you are a guru in C and micro-controller programming... just kidding, i'll be happy with an Arduino sketch, its not difficult, it just take time that I don’t have and I have so many of these electronic modules I can afford the lost, just pay for the shipping...

I have looked over some of the pages and decided that unfortunately I do not have enough money to pursue a project like this (Some of the Wi-Fi boards were $ 84 or so). If I were to attempt a project like this it would only be if it were possible to have cheap enough hardware that half the hardware can be left behind after an attack. Angry admins normally don't let you keep your hardware, especially if it is a remote hack. I also have no previous teensy programming experience, I would need resources to learn about them before even thinking about a project like this.

I have looked over some of the pages and decided that unfortunately I do not have enough money to pursue a project like this (Some of the Wi-Fi boards were $ 84 or so). If I were to attempt a project like this it would only be if it were possible to have cheap enough hardware that half the hardware can be left behind after an attack. Angry admins normally don't let you keep your hardware, especially if it is a remote hack. I also have no previous teensy programming experience, I would need resources to learn about them before even thinking about a project like this.

Well ok, Still, its a good idea, I'll submit it to the next lab, maybe get some people interested... What kind of Admin don’t like to be tough a lesson? in my organisation that kind of hacking is tolerated as long as its prove a point, and not destructive... I work in the engineering department and we always come with crazy idea on how to get the IT dept. to pull their hair off...

Hak5, why don’t you work on a pineapple stuffed duck ;) basically just add ducky capability to pineapple and an interface to upload payload from the wifi webconfig... that being said, I need to buy a pineapple now...

• 3 months later...

Good find, but it still looks like there is a lengthy setup to even get the keyboard connected. To get the computer to even accept input one would need physical access to the computer to navigate through the bluetooth setup menus. I don't think the computer just automatically allows any bluetooth receiver automatically. Though one could get the ducky to work over bluetooth, it wouldn't be practical for an attack situation.